Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Nishith Maheshwari <ns...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/27 08:39:14 UTC

JAVA API for Drill

Hi,
I wanted to create a java application to connect and query over a HBase
database using Drill, but was unable to find any documentation regarding
this.
Is there a JAVA api through which Drill can be accessed? I did see a small
mention of C++ and JAVA api in the documentation but there was no other
link or information regarding the same.

Regards,
Nishith Maheshwari

AW: JAVA API for Drill

Posted by "MOIS Martin (MORPHO)" <ma...@morpho.com>.
Hi,

you can use the JDBC driver shipped with the distribution, to execute SQL queries against an HBase database:

String className = "org.apache.drill.jdbc.Driver";
try {
	Class.forName(className);
} catch (ClassNotFoundException e) {
	System.err.println("Failed to load JDBC driver '" + className + "': " + e.getMessage());
}
String jdbcUrl = " jdbc:drill:zk=<yourIP>:2181/drill/drillbits1;schema=hbase";
try (Connection con = java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(jdbcUrl); Statement stmt = con.createStatement()) {
}

Best Regards,
Martin Mois

Posted by Sudheesh Katkam <sk...@maprtech.com>.
Adding to Hanifi’s comment. Loot at QueryWrapper#run method and QueryWrapper$Listener
https://github.com/hnfgns/incubator-drill/blob/master/exec/java-exec/src/main/java/org/apache/drill/exec/server/rest/QueryWrapper.java <https://github.com/hnfgns/incubator-drill/blob/master/exec/java-exec/src/main/java/org/apache/drill/exec/server/rest/QueryWrapper.java>

- Sudheesh

Re: JAVA API for Drill

Posted by Hanifi Gunes <hg...@maprtech.com>.

RE: JAVA API for Drill