Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Brendan Vogt <br...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/03 12:55:32 UTC

SEO

How does OFBiz do with search engines?  Is OFBiz search engine friendly?
Normally there is a webpage extension like .aspx or .htm, but with OFBiz
there is no page extension.

How is it possible to get user friendly URLs in OFBiz?  Is this possible?
What I mean is neater and nicer looking URLs, in .NET we call it URL
rewriting.

Brendan

Re: SEO

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
By default OFBiz doesn't use extensions on URL "file" names, but you
can certainly use them, just have a ".html" on your request-map -> uri
attributes, and in all documents that link to the given requests of
course. We did this (for the fun of it) on www.undersunconsulting.com.

Still, this doesn't really have anything to do with search engine
optimization as search engines generally don't care about the file
extensions on URLs. There are lots of other things important for that
and quite a few tools in OFBiz to help out with it too.

-David

Re: SEO

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Looks like it's time to train on Nabble : http://www.nabble.com/forum/Search.jtp?local=y&forum=2740&query=seo