Posted to dev@mrunit.apache.org by Jim Donofrio <do...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/20 15:14:40 UTC

blog entry for MRUnit version 0.9.0-incubating

I guess we should probably get a blog entry started on this, there are a
lot of good features, am I missing anything?:

MRUNIT-68: Support custom counter checking
MRUNIT-91: runTest() should optionally ignore output order
MRUNIT-67: o.a.h.mrunit.mapreduce.MapReduceDriver should support a combiner
better support for other serializations besides Writable: MRUNIT-70,
MRUNIT-86, MRUNIT-99, MRUNIT-77
better error messages from validate, null checking and forgetting to set
mappers and reducers: MRUNIT-74, MRUNIT-66, MRUNIT-65
MRUNIT-89: add static convenience methods to PipelineMapReduceDriver class

I guess we should highlight the other changes:
MRUNIT-96: Cleanup release: remove unnecesssary artifacts from nexus and
distribute single binary distribution with 2 build artifacts, 1 for
hadoop 1+ and 1 for hadoop 2+
MRUNIT-48: Test and Deprecate
Driver.{*OutputFromString,*InputFromString} Methods
MRUNIT-54: Driver.runTest throws RuntimeException should it throw
AssertionError?

Re: blog entry for MRUnit version 0.9.0-incubating

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
I'm afraid that I won't have time before 2012-05-24.

Jarcec

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Dave Beech <da...@gmx.net>.
I think Brock committed my patch for MRUNIT-97 into the 0.9.0 branch too
- just a bugfix but might be worth adding to the list.

Thanks,
Dave