Posted to dev@hudi.apache.org by Raymond Xu <xu...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/28 11:29:29 UTC

[Dev X] Azure Pipelines for CI

Hi all,

Just want to give some updates on setting up Azure Pipelines for running
tests.

We have been experimenting with Azure Pipelines to run all CI tests with
the goal of switching over from Travis to it. I wrote this wiki page to
document CI related info.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HUDI/Guide+on+CI+infrastructure

2 blockers to complete the switch-over
- Jobs are all queued up, likely due to a service disruption
<https://status.dev.azure.com/>. Waiting for Azure DevOps service to get
back to normal
- Some tests are failing in Azure Pipelines' environment in a previously
setup project. Once the Pipeline service comes back, we'll see those
failures in detail and fix them accordingly.

Once migration is over, we shall have faster development cycles and better
dev experience.

What could this enable in the near future?
- Nightly builds
- Performance benchmarking

Thanks.

Cheers,
Raymond

Re: [Dev X] Azure Pipelines for CI

Posted by nishith agarwal <n3...@gmail.com>.
That's nice Raymond!
This is a great step towards having nightly builds. It will help us build
confidence in regular commits and avoid any surprises closer to releases as
well.

Thanks,
Nishith

Posted by vino yang <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just want to give some updates on setting up Azure Pipelines for running
> tests.
>
> We have been experimenting with Azure Pipelines to run all CI tests with
> the goal of switching over from Travis to it. I wrote this wiki page to
> document CI related info.
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HUDI/Guide+on+CI+infrastructure
>
> 2 blockers to complete the switch-over
> - Jobs are all queued up, likely due to a service disruption
> <https://status.dev.azure.com/>. Waiting for Azure DevOps service to get
> back to normal
> - Some tests are failing in Azure Pipelines' environment in a previously
> setup project. Once the Pipeline service comes back, we'll see those
> failures in detail and fix them accordingly.
>
> Once migration is over, we shall have faster development cycles and better
> dev experience.
>
> What could this enable in the near future?
> - Nightly builds
> - Performance benchmarking
>
> Thanks.
>
> Cheers,