Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Holly Cummins <ho...@googlemail.com> on 2012/07/18 13:20:24 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Aries jmx bundles release candidate

I've staged a release candidate for the next set of jmx bundles. This
round gets *almost* the whole jmx component released - just the
blueprint uber-bundle and the itests to go.

WHAT'S BEEN RELEASED?

The modules are staged and tagged as follows:

jmx-blueprint-core:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/tags/org.apache.aries.jmx.blueprint.core-1.0.0

jmx-bundle: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/tags/org.apache.aries.jmx-1.0.0

jmx-core-whiteboard:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/tags/org.apache.aries.jmx.core.whiteboard-1.0.0

jmx-whiteboard:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/tags/org.apache.aries.jmx.whiteboard-1.0.0

VERIFYING THE RELEASE

Instructions for verifying the release are at
http://aries.apache.org/development/verifyingrelease.html.
Alternately, cut and paste the following to run a full check:

wget --no-check-certificate
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/scripts/verify_staged_release.sh
chmod a+x verify_staged_release.sh
./verify_staged_release.sh 065 mytempdirectory 2>&1 | tee verifyresults.txt
grep FAIL verifyresults.txt
grep ERROR verifyresults.txt

SOURCE ZIPS

Artifacts are in one staged repo,
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-065/.
Links to the *.zip files for each module are provided below:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-065/org/apache/aries/jmx/org.apache.aries.jmx.blueprint.core/1.0.0/org.apache.aries.jmx.blueprint.core-1.0.0-source-release.zip
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-065/org/apache/aries/jmx/org.apache.aries.jmx/1.0.0/org.apache.aries.jmx-1.0.0-source-release.zip
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-065/org/apache/aries/jmx/org.apache.aries.jmx.core.whiteboard/1.0.0/org.apache.aries.jmx.core.whiteboard-1.0.0-source-release.zip
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-065/org/apache/aries/jmx/org.apache.aries.jmx.whiteboard/1.0.0/org.apache.aries.jmx.whiteboard-1.0.0-source-release.zip

The RAT and IANAL build checks passed. Note that, although RAT is
configured to ignore *.MF and other files that do not require the ASF
licence, theses files are still reported incorrectly as RAT failures. As
before, archetype-catalog.xml files fail the SHA checks but probably
shouldn't be checked. There are also some spurious RAT warnings for
NOTICE.vm files.

The vote will be open for 72 hours, closing Saturday lunchtime.

[ ] +1
[ ]  0
[ ] -1

Re: [VOTE] Apache Aries jmx bundles release candidate

Posted by Holly Cummins <ho...@googlemail.com>.
Thanks again to everyone for your votes on these bundles. The vote has
been running for 72 hours. Once again we managed to get enough votes
within the 72 hour window. :)
Here are the results:

[+1] 4 There are 4 binding votes from PMC members (David Bosschaert,
Emily Jiang, Tim Ward, Mark Nuttall).
[0] 0
[-1] 0

I'll promote the release to maven repositories and the Apache download
site. I won't update links on the Aries download page yet,
since we haven't released anything which uses these bundles yet.

Cheers,
Holly

Posted by Emily Jiang <em...@googlemail.com>.
+1

--
Thanks
Emily

Re: [VOTE] Apache Aries jmx bundles release candidate

Posted by Mark Nuttall <mn...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Holly Cummins <ho...@googlemail.com>.
This is the updated list of what's being released. I don't think we
need to revote, since nothing's been re-spun, only removed. However,
this release is still looking for one more vote. :)

[...]

Posted by Holly Cummins <ho...@googlemail.com>.
It looks to me like jmx-core has the same issue, unfortunately, and
it's already been released. However, I agree we should fix this where
we can, so I'll remove jmx-bundle from the release, roll all the tags
back, and fix up its pom. I don't think that will push back the date
when we have the whole component released and can move to jmx-next.

Good spot, Tim. Thanks.

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Timothy Ward <ti...@apache.org>.
Hi,

[...]

Regards,

Tim Ward
Apache Aries PMC member & Enterprise OSGi advocate
Enterprise OSGi in Action (http://www.manning.com/cummins)

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 (Yay!)

David