Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Ludwig Magnusson <lu...@itcatapult.com> on 2011/01/24 21:09:05 UTC

Scheduler

I just thought I'd put this discussion in its own thread.

Actually, I had some time to experiment this evening and i JUST finished
putting in the old scheduler. It wasn't that hard. The tests pass (nothing
more tested though, I haven actually used this service much myself).

In the process I also changed the maven torque plugin configuration so that
the base classes are put in the target folder but the subclasses are put in
the source folder. If all files are put in the target folder like today, the
subclasses can't be versioned.

This was necessary since the subclasses of scheduled job are implemented
more than just the generated sources.

Anyway, I believe that I have it back to the way it was before and if you
want to look at it I can commit, but if you'd rather work on a new
implementation that's fine as well.

/Ludwig

Posted by Ludwig Magnusson <lu...@itcatapult.com>.
Yes, for this milestone was my idea as well.

IMHO, having M1 out and to be working on a scheduler implementation is
better than to be working on a scheduler implementation.

Since the name of the interface was JobEntry, the same as the class. I
renamed the interface to JobEntryInterface. This can be switched back when
the implementation is renewed.

/Ludwig

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.

RE: Scheduler

Posted by Ludwig Magnusson <lu...@itcatapult.com>.
There is a release of fulcrum-quartz out.

What is needed for 1.1.0?

/Ludwig

The old scheduler was deprecated - see the bold text on
http://turbine.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2.3.3/services/scheduler-service.h
tml

The replacement is the Fulcrum Quartz based scheduler -
http://turbine.apache.org/fulcrum/fulcrum-quartz/

Scott

Re: Scheduler

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi folks,

from the Quartz point of view

+) jobs can be stored in a database but the database schema  is
different (migration issue)
+) org.quartz.JobDataMap stores job specific fields, e.g. "task",
"email", "property"

The real question is - how much Torque code is bleeding into Turbine
Scheduler service usage (JobEntry derives from BaseJobEntry which
exposes a few public methods)

Cheers

Sigfried Goeschl

Re: Scheduler