Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by "Chang.Wu" <58...@qq.com> on 2018/08/13 05:35:14 UTC

[HDFS Pagination]Does HDFS Java api Support Pagination?

HDFS-13759

I could use FileSystem
RemoteIterator<FileStatus> listed = fs.listStatusIterator(new Path("hdfs://warehousestore/user/chang.wu/flat_level_1"));
like this to get files asynchronously.

But in fact what I want is a pagination support, where I could pass two parameters, the
offset
and
limit
, like MySQL does to get part of files under some directory;.

I know I could just implement the pagination by wrapping the listStatusIterator, but I think it is inefficient by wrapping this iterator.

I wonder why cannot HDFS java Api support that?

Chang Wu

Thanks