Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk> on 2009/08/02 00:57:25 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] SSLProtocol vs SSLCipherSuite

On 27.07.09 09:02, Capstone wrote:
> Specifically,  will SSLCipherSuite directive take precedence over the
> SSLProtocol directive?

no.

> If I have omitted the SSLProtocol directive entirely. But I have
> something like this in my SSLCipherSuite directive,
>
> SSLCipherSuite TLSv1:SSLv3:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:!LOW:!NULL
>
> Does this not allow any SSLv2 traffic to my server?

it only disbles low ciphers. I think I also disable EXPORT ciphers...
A day without sunshine is like, night.

Re: [users@httpd] SSLProtocol vs SSLCipherSuite

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
De Ren wrote:
> First time post.   I am new to Apache, MySQL, and PHP.

That's quite a lot to be new about, all at the same time.
An old African proverb says : "To eat an elephant, you must do it one
little bit at a time".
> Could someone give me some hint what went wrong, please?

Yes.  You took a too big bite to start with, and you are obviously
choking on it.

De-install the lot, and start here :

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/platform/windows.html

Really read that page and follow the instructions.
Toward the end of the page, it tells you how to test if your Apache is
working.  If it is not, then come back here and outline what you did,
what you expected, and what doesn't happen.

Once you get Apache running, then you can tackle PHP.
One you have PHP running, then you can tackle MySQL.

Don't use forums like this one as a substitute for reading the available
on-line documentation.  Some nice and helpful and competent people have
spent a lot of their own time writing this; ignoring it is not nice.
Asking people here to repeat it, is not nice either.

Re: [users@httpd] SSLProtocol vs SSLCipherSuite

Posted by Jonathan Zuckerman <j....@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 6:24 AM, De Ren<de...@gmail.com> wrote:
> First time post.   I am new to Apache, MySQL, and PHP.
>
> I've installed Apache (2.2.11), MySQL(5.1.36)and PHP(5.2.10) on my laptop
> (operating system: Windows XP Home Edition).  I can see the Apache icon on
> the right lower corner, but when the mouse is moved to the icon, the prompt
> says: "No services installed".  Once I click the Apache icon, I open the
> Apache Monitor Window and can see a lot of services have started, including
> HTTP SSL and MySQ.
>
> I wrote a small "Hello, World" php file ending with .php, but I cannot see
> the Hello, World" with FireFox.
>
> Could someone give me some hint what went wrong, please?
>
> Sincere thanks in advance.
>

> On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 5:57 PM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 27.07.09 09:02, Capstone wrote:
>> > Specifically,  will SSLCipherSuite directive take precedence over the
>> > SSLProtocol directive?
>>
>> no.
>>
>> > If I have omitted the SSLProtocol directive entirely. But I have
>> > something like this in my SSLCipherSuite directive,
>> >
>> > SSLCipherSuite TLSv1:SSLv3:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:!LOW:!NULL
>> >
>> > Does this not allow any SSLv2 traffic to my server?
>>
>> it only disbles low ciphers. I think I also disable EXPORT ciphers...
>> --
>> Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
>> Warning: I wish NOT to receive e-mail advertising to this address.
>> Varovanie: na tuto adresu chcem NEDOSTAVAT akukolvek reklamnu postu.
>> A day without sunshine is like, night.

Please start a new thread instead of of hijacking an old one.
My suspicion is that you haven't installed mod_php, though I'm not
sure how things work on Windows.  Could you be more precise with this
sentence:

>> but I cannot see the "Hello World"

do you see anything at all? possibly the static text of the source
code?  Any error messages, anything logged to the error log..

Re: [users@httpd] SSLProtocol vs SSLCipherSuite

Posted by De Ren <de...@gmail.com>.