Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Louis Smith <dr...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/11 17:49:32 UTC

Continuum 1.3.7 - Geronimo 2.2.1 - Unable to add projects

We have a fresh install of Geronimo 2.2.1 under RHEL 4.5, and have loaded
continuum 1.3.7.

Database is mysql 5.0.77

Create Project Group worked with no issues

Can not add a project - either via URL or local upload.  Screen just gives
the "The URL requested results in an internal error. " message.

No error in the continuum.log, however, the geronimo log shows:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.commons.io.output.DeferredFileOutputStream in classloader
org.apache.geronimo.configs/axis2/2.2.1/car

Does this need an over-ride filter?

Thanks

Louis

--
Dr. Louis Smith, ThD
Chief Technology Officer, Kyra InfoTech

Re: Continuum 1.3.7 - Geronimo 2.2.1 - Unable to add projects

Posted by Louis Smith <dr...@gmail.com>.
I'll have the SDI tech try adding it to the filter list on Monday.

If that fails, I will ask him to re-install with "Inverse Class Loading"
under Geronimo - see if addressing all local first helps.

It just figures that the apache server would have issues running the apache
projects, doesn't it??

oh well.  such is life in IT.

Thanks for the assist,

Louis

Posted by Brent Atkinson <ba...@apache.org>.
Great,

I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve it with deployment configuration.
We should probably record this in the installation docs.

Thank you for notifying the list with the solution.

Brent

Posted by Louis Smith <dr...@gmail.com>.
According to the geronimo 2.2.1 console, it features commons-io-1.2.   I'll
have to compare all the files in Continuum-1.3.7 and Archiva 1.3.4 and make
sure to filter out every old apache library that is in conflict.

But I'm going to try the inverse class loader approach first.

I'll post back the final working geronimo 2.2.1 plans.

Posted by Brent Atkinson <ba...@apache.org>.
Louis,

Posted by Louis Smith <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brent Atkinson <ba...@apache.org>.