Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Ulrich Winter <ul...@100world.com> on 2000/12/13 20:43:30 UTC

ANT's cvs task: how to avoid deep path hierarchies?

Using cvs directly I can specify the destination directory of a checkout via
the -d flag.
This avoids deep directory structures in the workarea if I want to get only
a part of the repository.

for example the command
	cvs checkout -d work some/deep/repository/hierarchy
would create a directory work which contains the files located in the
repository under some/deep/repository/hierarchy

I tried the cvs task with the dest attribute like the following:
        <cvs
            cvsRoot="${cvsroot}"
            dest="work"
            package="some/deep/repository/hierarchy"
        />

But in the above example I get the structure
	work/some/deep/repository/hierarchy/....

Is there a way to get the same results with ANT as with the above cvs
command ?

Regards,
Ulrich

Paranoiac question ...

Posted by Jean-Baptiste BRIAUD <je...@solsoft.fr>.
Laurent Etiemble wrote:

> Hello
>
> As far as I know (Ant 1.2), it is not possible to set a such option for the
> cvs checkout command. So if you want to use the -d option of the cvs
> checkout command, you have to write some code in the CVS task in order to
> make it.
> In Ant 1.2, you can have :
> * global-options :
>     -d for the CVSROOT
>     -n for the nop mode
>     -q for the quiet mode
> * command-options :
>     -r for the revision/tag
>     -D for the date
> (Maybe I'm forgetting some...)
>
> Regards.
Hello all,

When launching ant, you have to say where to find Java.
Let's supose we'll use jdk 1.2 for that stuff.

When you launch an application with ant with JAVA tag,
and with a JVM attribut that point to jdk1.3
how to be sure that it won't use rt.jar of jdk1.2 ?
(there is a $CLASSPATH env variable that point to
jdk1.2/../rt.jar to launch ant)

I ask this question because I notice my appli work
even if I never add a nested
<classpath path="jdk1.3/...../rt.jar" />

So if I didn't add this line, witch rt.jar was used ???

(I'm afraid that the forked by ant java process inherit
the $CLASSPATH env variable from OS)

Any idea to solve my paranoia ?
Jean-Baptiste BRIAUD                    Solsoft
  software engineer              http://www.solsoft.fr

Solsoft SA  130 rue Victor Hugo  92300 Levallois-Perret
    "Policy Management for eBusiness Security"

Re: ANT's cvs task: how to avoid deep path hierarchies?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Ulrich Winter <ul...@100world.com> wrote:

> for example the command cvs checkout -d work
> some/deep/repository/hierarchy would create a directory work which
> contains the files located in the repository under
> some/deep/repository/hierarchy

<snip/>

> Is there a way to get the same results with ANT as with the above
> cvs command ?

Untested

<cvs
    cvsRoot="${cvsroot}"
    dest="."
    command="checkout -d work"
    package="some/deep/repository/hierarchy"
/>

should work.