Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by jimmyfrank <de...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/17 04:41:53 UTC

Connection pooling when use the .NET Messaging API (NMS)

I'm using the .NET Messaging API to send and receive messages from ActiveMQ.
How would I pool connections?  Do I need to at all or is it handled somehow
for me by the broker?  I can find several forum posts that talk about
connection pooling when using java JMS but I can't seem to find anything
that talks about how to do this when using the .NET API's.  Do I need to use
the Spring.NET?

Thanks.

Re: Connection pooling when use the .NET Messaging API (NMS)

Posted by jimmyfrank <de...@gmail.com>.
The application would be either a webservice or an .aspx page a user would
hit.  So a user might enter some info on a page with a form and then I'd
need to create all the activemq resources and send the message.  Since it's
stateless I'd need to be able to have the connections pooled like MSMQ
connections would be pooled.  Would Sprint.NET be able to do something
similar?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 17/04/2008, jimmyfrank <de...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  The application would be either a webservice or an .aspx page a user would
>  hit.  So a user might enter some info on a page with a form and then I'd
>  need to create all the activemq resources and send the message.  Since it's
>  stateless I'd need to be able to have the connections pooled like MSMQ
>  connections would be pooled.  Would Sprint.NET be able to do something
>  similar?

Yes, Spring.NET sounds like just the thing

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: Connection pooling when use the .NET Messaging API (NMS)

Posted by jimmyfrank <de...@gmail.com>.