Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by Brian Shields <br...@geminga.it.nuigalway.ie> on 2006/02/03 12:12:36 UTC

toruble with crypto.properties file

Hello,
I am running wss4j with axis2 within a tomcat 5 server. I am trying to
provide some initial simple encryption between the client and the
server. I have provided the appropriate OutflowSecurity parameter in the
axis2.xml file but when invoking the service i get the following error...

java.lang.RuntimeException: CryptoFactory: Cannot load properties:
crypto.properties
    at
org.apache.ws.security.components.crypto.CryptoFactory.getProperties(CryptoFactory.java:185)
    at
org.apache.ws.security.components.crypto.CryptoFactory.getInstance(CryptoFactory.java:110)
    at
org.apache.ws.security.handler.WSHandler.loadEncryptionCrypto(WSHandler.java:356)
    at
org.apache.ws.security.handler.WSHandler.doSenderAction(WSHandler.java:134)
    at
org.apache.axis2.security.WSDoAllSender.invoke(WSDoAllSender.java:172)
    at org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:376)
    at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.invoke(AxisEngine.java:351)
    at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:441)
    at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:317)
    at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute(OutInAxisOperation.java:267)
    at
org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive(ServiceClient.java:393)
    at
org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive(ServiceClient.java:326)
    at com.iwise.security.client.Client.echoBlockingClient(Client.java:61)
    at com.iwise.security.client.Client.<init>(Client.java:31)
    at com.iwise.security.client.Client.main(Client.java:202)

The error is not very clear...can CryptoFactory not see the
crypto.properties file? I have it in the axis2/WEB-INF/classes folder,
but have tried putting it just about everywhere and am still getting the
same error.
Any ideas?
Brian.

--
Brian Shields BSc. MSc.,
PhD Candidate,

Re: toruble with crypto.properties file

Posted by kiran <sa...@yahoo.co.in>.

Hi Brian,

Even am facing the same problem with crypto.properties file while using wss4j
for encryption on the client side. Have u found the solution? If so, please do
let me know. Thanks in advance.
kiran

Re: toruble with crypto.properties file

Posted by Brian Shields <br...@geminga.it.nuigalway.ie>.
Thanks Ruchith,
Thats all well and good for the service side of things, and encrypting
outgoing or response messages. How do i load the crypto.properties file
in a client configuration. Currently i am creating a context specific
ServiceClient using the createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem. There
is no service archive to put the crypto.properties into!
Brian.

Posted by Brian Shields <br...@geminga.it.nuigalway.ie>.
Thanks Ruchith,

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.