Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Bon <bo...@unipattern.com> on 2008/05/02 11:22:33 UTC

How can I add a dynamic content into header.vm

Hello all,

    I'm trying to create a page, top of the page I need a dynamic function
bar to support
  difference user logined, and I think its not a portlet, so I like add this
function bar into the header.vm,
  I hope to write a JSP to create the bar and add this JSP into header.vm,
do I think right? or how can
  I get my target!?

best regards,
Bon

Re: How can I add a dynamic content into header.vm

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On May 4, 2008, at 11:46 PM, Bon wrote:

> David Sean Taylor wrote:
>>

>> There is an example of putting dynamic information like the username
>> and a login form in the top header area.
>> See the blueocean page decoration for a login form, or the tigris
>> decoration for the username

>> For additional commands, e-mail: jetspeed-user-
>> help@portals.apache.org
>>

>  Thank you for your answer David,
>
>  Do you mean I can use the $jetspeed in vm file?
>  after I read the header.vm in blueocean,
>  I think I can use the $jetspeed to render a portlet and the portlet
> can
> print out the function bar
>  what I need.
> am I right? or there are some other ways to do what you want me to
> look?!
>
>  if I do it by $jetspeed.renderPortletEntity what I need to be
> careful?

Yes, that is the API to use.
renderPortletEntity works fine on the 2.1.3 release. I think there
were some issues with it on previous versions

Re: How can I add a dynamic content into header.vm

Posted by Bon <bo...@unipattern.com>.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.