Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by mniehren <mi...@niehren.de> on 2017/12/14 14:56:39 UTC

report of activities on the server

Hi together,

i want to create a report, which user was conneted to the guacamole-server
and how long.

In the log of guacd i found entries of the form
  User "@e51b35cd-32f8-4474-8f32-25a848ae201e" joined connection
"$971f2e6b-eac1-4386-bcd1-2879b7022ba8"
and
  User "@e51b35cd-32f8-4474-8f32-25a848ae201e" disconnected

but how can i find out which Login-Name belongs to the user and which
session name belongs
to the connection ?

maybe someone can help
  Michael

Re: report of activities on the server

Posted by Michael Niehren <mi...@niehren.de>.
Hi Mike,

with the "easy change" and watching the 2 log files, it would be possible to
see, which user is currently online, which session he uses and accounting of
all sessions for the users. I also got the connection to the pid of the guacd
process, so i can kill his session. All that without using the Admin-Account.

That would be great. I don't think that we need the protocol changes, the only
benefit, i currently see, that all informations would be in 1 Log-File and not
in 2. What do you think about it ?

So could you please integrate the "easy changes", and the logging of the identifier
for each connection-specific message, that would be great.
The "easy changes" has to be in the client, right ?

One thing left in my mind. If a user has connected to jetty/tomcat with his
credentials, but has not start a session yet, how can i kick it off. I try
to set the disable flag in the db, but that only affect's new login tries
not the current login. Maybe you also know a solution for that.

best regards
   Michael

--
Michael Niehren              __   _       powered by
                             / /  (_)__  __ ____  __

Re: report of activities on the server

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.

Posted by mniehren <mi...@niehren.de>.
Hi Erik,

i tried out jetty and tomcat but in the log of both, i found the real
username
and the connection name, not more .

In the guacd.log i only have the encrypted ones.

Is there a possiblity that either jetty/tomcat logs the encrypted username
or the pid of the guacd-process which handles the connection or that
guacd logs the real username and/or connection name ?

i am not familiar in java programming, but maybe it is only a small
change in the guacamole client ...

best regards
  Michael

report of activities on the server

Posted by Erik Berndt <er...@superiorpaving.net>.
>it would be unusual indeed for a Tomcat install to store its log files
within its configuration directory

Right you are! No more absent minded phone posting for me.

Michael,
Is this something you would mind sharing if you're successful? I, and I'm
sure others would find this useful.

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/jdbc-auth.html#jdbc-auth-schema-connection-history

--
Erik Berndt / Systems Administrator
5551 Wellington Rd, Gainesville, VA 20155

Need to open an IT support ticket?
http://FixIT.superiorpaving.net/portal or FixIT@superiorpaving.net

Re: report of activities on the server

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.