Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Robert Ribnitz <ro...@softwired.ch> on 2006/07/29 13:13:36 UTC

Maps supporting concurrent modification of their iterators?

Hello,

how much work would be involved in extending one of the Maps provided in
the collections framework to support concurrent modification of the
structures their mapIterators iterate over?

would this be an envisageable feature? - I am thinking of Maps behaving
much like the CursorableLinkedList.

Robert Ribnitz

Re: [collections] Maps supporting concurrent modification of their iterators?

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com>.
2006/7/30, Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>:
> Robert Ribnitz wrote:
> > how much work would be involved in extending one of the Maps provided in
> > the collections framework to support concurrent modification of the
> > structures their mapIterators iterate over?
> >
> > would this be an envisageable feature? - I am thinking of Maps behaving
> > much like the CursorableLinkedList.
>
> I guess that this would be possible. I've never had a need for
> concurrent access personally, as I just refactor the code to not need it.

Interesting. How does that work?

Oliver

Re: [collections] Maps supporting concurrent modification of their iterators?

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
Robert Ribnitz wrote:
> how much work would be involved in extending one of the Maps provided in
> the collections framework to support concurrent modification of the
> structures their mapIterators iterate over?
>
> would this be an envisageable feature? - I am thinking of Maps behaving
> much like the CursorableLinkedList.

I guess that this would be possible. I've never had a need for
concurrent access personally, as I just refactor the code to not need it.

Stephen