Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Cody Sherr <cs...@covalent.net> on 2001/08/21 02:04:11 UTC

various prefork mpm tests OK

Working toward a more thorougly tested 2.0 using the prefork mpm, I've
tested restarts for all of the following changes to the prefork mpm
configuration directives under load using ab:

StartServers
MinSpareServers
MaxSpareServers
MaxClients
MaxRequestsPerChild

I made the following types of changes to test restart:

no change
value increased upward from default
value increased downward to default
value set to effective infinity if possible

The prefork mpm behaved as expected. Process counts were correct,
servers restarted at the correct number of requests, etc.

Here was the configuration I was using:

Server: Apache/2.0.25-dev (Unix)
csherr@caffeine:~ > uname -a
Linux caffeine 2.4.3-20mdk #1 Sun Apr 15 23:03:10 CEST 2001 i686 unknown
and gcc 2.95

I've just posted a patch that adds warning and error logs to 2 places in
the prefork mpm that I came across while doing these tests.

cheers,

--
Cody Sherr

Engineer