Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/22 11:02:45 UTC

Ant precommit job

Hi,
We are seeing a weird behaviour of the GitHub Pull Request Builder on ASF
Jenkins:

I am changing the "Commit Status Context" for the ANT based precommit from
"Jenkins" to "JenkinsAnt".

Long story:

we have two jobs:

- one for ANT:
https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-ZOOKEEPER-github-pr-build/
that writes "Jenkins" on the PR validation section
this one should be active only for "branch-3.4" and "branch-3.5" branch

- one for Maven:
https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-ZOOKEEPER-github-pr-build-maven
that writes "JenkinsMaven" on the PR validation section
this one should be active only for "master" and "branch-3.5" branch

It seems that sometimes we have two lines that report "Jenkins" and
"JenkinsMaven" but both of them are about "Maven"

Just see here:
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/1147

As "Jenkins" is the default value for "Commit Status Context" I guess that
the Jenkins plugin is messed up.
So my trial now is to drop "Jenkins" in favour of "JenkinsAnt"

Unfortunately these problems are on the shared ASF environment, I can't try
them locally.
I apologize for this annoying stuff

Enrico

Re: Ant precommit job

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
It looks like Jenkins is totally messed up.

In my opinion changes to the configuration seem to take a few minutes
(?hours) to be really applied.

I will wait and check again within a couple hours if the new configuration
is really on

I had to create a lot of dummy PRs
Sorry for the noise

Enrico