Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alex Belyansky <be...@buzzeo.com> on 2000/11/09 18:33:50 UTC

reading .war archives question

Hello,
Does anyone know if tomcat supports the actual reading of archives? If so
how would I change the configuration to make that work?
I am trying to setup a context directive in server.xml so that files and
servlets from a war file, located in a directory other than webapps, are
read. I am using Tomcat 3.1 on Windows NT.
This is the snipet from the config :

<Context path="/examples" docBase="d:\ZeoSoft\examples"
		defaultSessionTimeOut="30" isWARExpanded="true"
		isWarValidated="false" isInvokerEnabled="true"
		isWorkDirPersistent="false" >

        </Context>

Also, how can you force tomcat to autoexpand an archive that is not in
webapps?

thanks for your help,
-Alex