Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Ken D'Ambrosio <ke...@jots.org> on 2021/10/11 02:39:40 UTC

New user docs.

Hey, all.  For $REASONS, I'm getting acquainted with ATS, and I'm
noticing some bumps in the documentation.  E.g., in
https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/_sources/getting-started/index.en.rst.txt,
it's mentioned that ATS is in EPEL... and it's not:
https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/issues/6855

Also, as another example, "curses" is shown as a requisite package for
builiding, but it's been replaced by ncurses.

I'd like to cut some PRs for this, but am wondering what the process for
opening a Jira ticket is (Jira's mentioned here
(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Contributing), but I
don't see how to actually create a ticket), and submitting a PR.  I have
no expectation of submitting code fixes, but keeping the docs up-to-date
can, at least, help new users find their way forward.

Thanks!

-Ken

Re: New user docs.

Posted by Miles Libbey <ml...@apache.org>.
Thanks Ken-
- We moved on from Jira a few years back... so that's another doc oops.
We're now using github issues.(https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/)
- For Doc updates, just filing a PR is fine -- creating a bug report for a
code change is the concept.

Looking at Docs with fresh eyes is really appreciated!

thanks,
miles