Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael Bartlett <mi...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/07 16:04:43 UTC

Yum and Spamassassin

Not sure if here or Yum list is right place...

I was trying to figure out why I don't have sa-update and this seemed to
answer the question:

Installed Packages
Name   : spamassassin
Arch   : i386
Version: 3.0.6
Release: 1.fc4
Size   : 1.8 M
Repo   : installed

I can't believe the yum package is so out of date, am I missing something?

Re: Yum and Spamassassin

Posted by Bart Schaefer <ba...@gmail.com>.
On 2/7/07, Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 03:04:43PM +0000, Michael Bartlett wrote:
> > I can't believe the yum package is so out of date, am I missing something?
>
> You're running Fedora Core 4 (hey, me too,) which is generally out of date at
> this point.  I'd suggest ditching their package, grabbing the SA tarball, and
> building your own 3.1.x.

The RPMforge project at rpmforge.net has up-to-date versions of
spamassassin in a yum repository for most RedHat-derived operating
systems including Fedora Core.  I don't use FC4 so I don't know
specifically about that one, but it's pretty likely.

Re: Yum and Spamassassin

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 03:04:43PM +0000, Michael Bartlett wrote:
> Not sure if here or Yum list is right place...

I don't think either is really appropriate.

> I was trying to figure out why I don't have sa-update and this seemed to
> answer the question:
>
> Name   : spamassassin
> Version: 3.0.6

Yup.  3.0 has no sa-update, it's a 3.1 addition.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

Re: Yum and Spamassassin

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
FC4 itself is dead. There are no updates for it.

{^_^}