Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kade Jeevan Kumar <je...@yahoo.com> on 2005/08/02 05:40:15 UTC

Problem with Installing the Struts

Hi All!

I am using Tomcat 4.0.6, Java 1.4, Struts 1.1 for my initial struts set up application.
I configured the required libraries  to run Struts application.
But the problem is when i try to run the application using struts i am getting the following exception in my jsp
"Servlet action is currently unavailable, The requested service(service action is currently unavailable)is not currently available"

Plz, help me out for this problem.

-Thanks in Advance
Jeevan

---------------------------------

Re: Problem with Installing the Struts

Posted by Vic <vs...@fayek.ca>.
Hi Jeevan,

Can you please list the names of the jars that you've included in your lib
folder.

People typically forget to include the 'standard.jar' jar.

In addition, are you sure that your action class extends the
org.apache.struts.action.Action class.  Forgetting to extend the class
(something we've all done at one point) may yield your error message.

Good luck.
Vic

Posted by "David G. Friedman" <hu...@ix.netcom.com>.
Jeevan,

What do your Tomcat logs show regarding your particular struts webapp? The
$CATALINA_HOME/logs directory.

Regards,
David