Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Brian Beaudet <bb...@efficiencylab.com> on 2004/04/09 14:51:59 UTC

TortoiseSVN: Un-Adding A File

If I've marked a file to be added (get the little blue plus sign
overlay) but have not committed, how can I remove it from being added.
I don't wish to add a particular file to Subversion but now I can't seem
to tell it not to.  I've done this using TortoiseSVN.

Brian M. Beaudet

Director, Research & Development

EfficiencyLab, LLC

www.efficiencylab.com

Re: TortoiseSVN: Un-Adding A File

Posted by Matt Kingman <mk...@charter.net>.
>If I've marked a file to be added (get the little blue plus sign overlay) but have not committed,
>how can I remove it from being added.  I don't wish to add a particular file to Subversion but
>now I can't seem to tell it not to.  I've done this using TortoiseSVN.

Just "Revert" the file.

Posted by Brian Beaudet <bb...@efficiencylab.com>.
Stefan,

I'll surely use the appropriate list in the future.  Thanks for the tip
on reverting.

Brian

Posted by Stefan <st...@tigris.org>.

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
Brian Beaudet wrote:

> If I’ve marked a file to be added (get the little blue plus sign
> overlay) but have not committed, how can I remove it from being added.
> I don’t wish to add a particular file to Subversion but now I can’t seem
> to tell it not to.  I’ve done this using TortoiseSVN.

TortoiseSVN is a separate project with its own mailing list;  future
user questions should go there.

To unschedule an addition or deletion, you normally run 'svn revert'.  I
don't know what the equivalent in TortoiseSVN is.