Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2010/07/31 23:21:57 UTC

[VOTE] Release 'development release' HBase 0.89.2010726 rc2?

I just made a second release candidate from the tip of the
0.89.2010726 branch. Source binary and source tar balls are available
here:

 http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.89.20100726-candidate-2/

You can also browse the candidate documentation here:

 http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.89.20100726-candidate-2/hbase-0.89.20100726/docs/

Issues resolved since 0.89.20100621, our first 0.89.x release, are ~80
issues including our first cut at a working replication (and a fix for
HBASE-2755, the issue that sunk release candidate 1): See
http://su.pr/2lZsHk for the complete list.

Shall we release this candidate as the second in our 0.89.x series of
developer releases?

Please see previous threads on 0.89 releases for more information
about the purpose of this release candidate.  Also see [1].  In
particular, these 'developer releases' are for those who can tolerate
risk and who are willing to give feedback in advance of our next major
release.  We're not making any guarantees that this is bug free. Its
definitely not for production deploys.

We'll do another release like this in a few weeks after the new master
code has gone in.

Please vote by Wednesday, August 4th.

Thanks,
St.Ack

1. http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/HBaseVersions

Re: [VOTE] Release 'development release' HBase 0.89.2010726 rc2?

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Vote passes.  Thanks to all who voted.  I'll put up the release later today.
St.Ack

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.