Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org> on 2020/09/02 11:22:51 UTC

[VOTE] FLIP-131: Consolidate the user-facing Dataflow SDKs/APIs (and deprecate the DataSet API)

Hi all,

After the discussion in [1], I would like to open a voting thread for
FLIP-131 (https://s.apache.org/FLIP-131) [2] which discusses the
deprecation of the DataSet API and future work on the DataStream API and
Table API for bounded (batch) execution.

The vote will be open until September 7 (72h + weekend), unless there is
an objection or not enough votes.

Regards,
Aljoscha

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r4f24c4312cef7270a1349c39b89fb1184c84065944b43aedf9cfba6a%40%3Cdev.flink.apache.org%3E
[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=158866741

[RESULT][VOTE] FLIP-131: Consolidate the user-facing Dataflow SDKs/APIs (and deprecate the DataSet API)

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

The voting time for FLIP-131 [1] has passed. I'm closing the vote now.

Including my implicit vote, there were 7 + 1 votes, 5 of which are binding:

- Dawid Wysakowicz (binding)
- Piotr Nowojski (binding)
- David Anderson (binding)
- Zhu Zhu (binding)
- Aljoscha Krettek

There were no -1 votes.

Thus, the FLIP has been accepted. I'll update the FLIP and the overview
table accordingly.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=158866741

Best,
Aljoscha

Re: [VOTE] FLIP-131: Consolidate the user-facing Dataflow SDKs/APIs (and deprecate the DataSet API)

Posted by Zhu Zhu <re...@gmail.com>.
+1

From the viewpoint of a developer, too many APIs also adds complexity and

Posted by David Anderson <da...@alpinegizmo.com>.