Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be> on 2008/10/03 15:18:27 UTC

Using relative URLs for the svn:externals

L.S.,

Since both svn.apache.org and svn.eu.apache.org are now on Subversion
1.5, I would like to propose to change all svn:externals to use relative
URLs instead of absolute ones.
This will allow us to check out things from svn.eu.apache.org as well.
Right now, the absolute URLs on the svn:externals will always get stuff
from svn.apache.org but svn.eu.apache.org seems to be faster (at least
from my end of the world) and has had less downtime over the last few
months.

Wdyt?

Gert

Re: Using relative URLs for the svn:externals

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Guillaume,

It probably does require all svn clients to be 1.5 as well -- the order
for the svn:externals definitions has changed, so I guess the client
needs to be aware of the new format.
There's no urgency here though, we can do this whenever the IDEs we use
have Subversion 1.5 support.  Most of them should have it in their next
release anyway, I guess...

Regards,

Gert

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.