Posted to users@maven.apache.org by dzungdev <dz...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/12 12:37:43 UTC

Maven proxy problem in ubuntu 12.04

Hi all,

I would like to ask about the maven in ubuntu 12.04. I downloaded maven
version: 3.0.4 and tried to run the mvn archtype:generate, then I have the
result like bellow:

*dzung@dzung:~$ mvn archtype:generate
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
Downloading:
http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-clean-plugin/2.4.1/maven-clean-plugin-2.4.1.pom
[WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin:2.4.1: Plugin
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin:2.4.1 or one of its dependencies
could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin:jar:2.4.1
Downloading:
http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-install-plugin/2.3.1/maven-install-plugin-2.3.1.pom
[WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.3.1: Plugin
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.3.1 or one of its
dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:jar:2.3.1
Downloading:
http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/2.7/maven-deploy-plugin-2.7.pom
[WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.7: Plugin
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.7 or one of its dependencies
could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:jar:2.7
Downloading:
http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-site-plugin/3.0/maven-site-plugin-3.0.pom
[WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.0: Plugin
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.0 or one of its dependencies
could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:jar:3.0
Downloading:
http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-antrun-plugin/1.3/maven-antrun-plugin-1.3.pom
[WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.3: Plugin
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.3 or one of its dependencies
could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:jar:1.3
Downloading:
http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/2.2-beta-5/maven-assembly-plugin-2.2-beta-5.pom
[WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.2-beta-5: Plugin
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.2-beta-5 or one of its
dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:jar:2.2-beta-5*

I tried to search google and they said that maybe I have to configure the
proxy in ~/.m2/settings.xml but I don't know what the information of proxy
ip, port I have to add in settings.xml. I checked in System Setting -->
Network Settings of ubuntu 12.04 and see that the proxy mode is None.

Could you please give me an advice ?

Thanks and best regards,
Dzung

Re: Maven proxy problem in ubuntu 12.04

Posted by dzungdev <dz...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anders,

Thank you for your idea, I am using it at home, so I don't think it is
cooperate environment.

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Are you behind a http proxy? If you're in a corporate environment you most
likely are.

/Anders

Posted by Manfred Moser <ma...@mosabuam.com>.
Also check what Maven you are using. The Ubuntu/Debian package of Maven
does some nasty rewriting and has some "interesting" default settings..

If you are using the debian package I would suggest to remove it and
switch to a manual install from the apache download.

manfred

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
if you are typing an url on central, wget is blocked, so that won't work as
a diagnostic

Posted by Richard Vowles <ri...@bluetrainsoftware.com>.

Posted by hanasaki <ha...@hanaden.com>.
"how" is system and environment dependent.
It is probably time for you consult with whomever is responsible for the
setup and administration of your system and/or network.

Posted by hanasaki <ha...@hanaden.com>.
Your ~/.m2/settings.xml  may need an entry similar to below.  Full docs
for this can be found on the main maven website.  This works correctly
on my Ubuntu system with openjdk7, netbeans, eclipse, jenkins and
command line.  You may be able to find the proxy info from your IT group
or in firefox or IE Internet settings.

    <proxies>
        <proxy>
            <active>true</active>
            <protocol>http</protocol>
            <host>firewall.domain.com</host>
            <username>we...b</username>
            <password>...</password>
            <port>8080</port>
            <nonProxyHosts>localhost</nonProxyHosts>
        </proxy>
    </proxies>