Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Maneesh Mehra <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/26 04:25:08 UTC

Examples for running recipes using Chef-solo ?

Hi All:

I am looking for some examples on how to run recipes using Chef-solo in a
brooklyn blueprint definition written in Java. Any pointers on the steps
required and their ordering would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Maneesh

Re: Examples for running recipes using Chef-solo ?

Posted by Richard Downer <ri...@apache.org>.
Correction, I have found an example!

Take a look at this:
https://github.com/brooklyncentral/brooklyn/blob/master/software/database/src/main/java/brooklyn/entity/database/postgresql/PostgreSqlNodeChefImplFromScratch.java

It's a rather complex example but hopefully there is stuff in there
that can be re-used. The key part is to define an inner class that
extends ChefLifecycleEffectorTasks, and then in the entity's init()
method, invoke `new
MyInnerClassName().attachLifecycleEffectors(this);`

Richard.

Posted by Richard Downer <ri...@apache.org>.
Maneesh,