Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/06 09:55:50 UTC

[VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta (RC)

Hi all,

this is a call for vote on releasing the available release candidate
(RC) as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta. The Beta release is intended to
reach more early adopters and to receive more valuable feedback to
improve potentially critical areas for the final release.

Apache OpenOffice 4.1 is a minor update with many bugfixes and at least
2 major improvements. It's the first version where we have the
iAccessibility2 support integrated and available. A very huge step
forward to reach and better support disabled users especially on
Windows. The second improvement is the switch to 64 bit on MacOS. A long
and overdue "must do" shift forward to support newer APIs (replace
deprecated APIs)  and platforms on MacOS.
And we can provide again more complete UI translations and have now
support for 37 languages. New languages for this release compared to
4.0.1 are Bulgarian, Danish, Hindi, Norwegian Bokmal and Thai.

Apache OpenOffice 4.1 will be a further key milestone to continue the
success of OpenOffice.

An overview of release issues can be found under:

http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/AOO4.1.0_Beta_fixes.html

The release candidate artifacts (1) (source release, as well as binary
releases for 37 languages) and further information how to verify and
review Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta can be found on the following wiki page:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds

The RC is based on the release branch AOO410, revision 1573601! And a
fresh and clean RAT scan output of this revision can be found under

http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/AOO4.1.0_RAT_Scan.html

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta

The vote starts now and will be open until:

   Sunday evening, 9 March: 2014-03-09 11:00pm UTC.

But we invite all people to vote (non binding) on this RC. We would like
to provide a release that is supported by the majority of our project
members.

   [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta
   [ ]  0 Don't care

(1) the upload for the Linux 32 bit artifacts is still ongoing, but 64
bit is already available.

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta (RC)

Posted by Edwin Sharp <el...@mail-page.com>.
+1

[RESULT][VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta (RC)

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
The vote period to release the AOO 4.1.0 Beta RC (based on release
branch AOO410, revision 1573601) as Apache OpenOffice 4.1 Beta has ended.

The ballot results in 26 votes, 26 +1 votes including 11 binding PMC
member votes.

3 binding +1 votes are necessary for the release. That means the ballot
closed successful to release the RC as AOO 4.1 Beta.

Vote tally

+1 Edwin Sharp
+1 Olaf Felka  (binding)
+1 Sandyha Sivakumar
+1 Steve Yin
+1 Herbert Duerr (binding)
+1 Andre Fischer (binding)
+1 Oliver Rainer Wittmann (binding)
+1 Kazunari Hirano
+1 V Stuart Foote
+1 Juergen Schmidt (binding)
+1 Josef Latt
+1 Jan Iversen (binding)
+1 Raphael Bircher (binding)
+1 Aivaras Stepukonis
+1 tx99h4 (??)
+1 Николай Нинков
+1 Dirk Groskamp
+1 Jeongkyu Kim
+1 Markus Lange (binding)
+1 Andrea Pescetti (binding)
+1 Regina Henschel (binding)
+1 Kay Schenk (binding)
+1 Dave Barton
+1 Rory O'Farrell
+1 Sylvain Denis
+1 Shengfeng Liu

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.
On 06.03.2014 09:55, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> this is a call for vote on releasing the available release candidate
> (RC) as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta. The Beta release is intended to
> reach more early adopters and to receive more valuable feedback to
> improve potentially critical areas for the final release.
> [...]
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta
>
> The vote starts now and will be open until:
>
>     Sunday evening, 9 March: 2014-03-09 11:00pm UTC.
>
> But we invite all people to vote (non binding) on this RC. We would like
> to provide a release that is supported by the majority of our project
> members.
>
>     [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta
>     [ ]  0 Don't care
>     [ ] -1 Do not release this package because...

I checked the RAT-scan, the source-bz2-tarball, the NOTICE file, the
source signature, the build of the source tarball on a platform, some
convenience binary tarballs, their checksums and signatures, etc.

All looks fine, so +1 for releasing revision 1573601 as AOO 410 beta.

Herbert

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta (RC)

Posted by Dick Groskamp <th...@quicknet.nl>.
Jürgen Schmidt schreef op 6-3-2014 9:55:
> Hi all,
>
> this is a call for vote on releasing the available release candidate
> (RC) as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta. The Beta release is intended to
> reach more early adopters and to receive more valuable feedback to
> improve potentially critical areas for the final release.
>
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1 is a minor update with many bugfixes and at least
> 2 major improvements. It's the first version where we have the
> iAccessibility2 support integrated and available. A very huge step
> forward to reach and better support disabled users especially on
> Windows. The second improvement is the switch to 64 bit on MacOS. A long
> and overdue "must do" shift forward to support newer APIs (replace
> deprecated APIs)  and platforms on MacOS.
> And we can provide again more complete UI translations and have now
> support for 37 languages. New languages for this release compared to
> 4.0.1 are Bulgarian, Danish, Hindi, Norwegian Bokmal and Thai.
>
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1 will be a further key milestone to continue the
> success of OpenOffice.
>
> An overview of release issues can be found under:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/AOO4.1.0_Beta_fixes.html
>
> The release candidate artifacts (1) (source release, as well as binary
> releases for 37 languages) and further information how to verify and
> review Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta can be found on the following wiki page:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds
>
> The RC is based on the release branch AOO410, revision 1573601! And a
> fresh and clean RAT scan output of this revision can be found under
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/AOO4.1.0_RAT_Scan.html
>
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta
>
> The vote starts now and will be open until:
>
>     Sunday evening, 9 March: 2014-03-09 11:00pm UTC.
>
> But we invite all people to vote (non binding) on this RC. We would like
> to provide a release that is supported by the majority of our project
> members.
>
>     [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta
>     [ ]  0 Don't care
>     [ ] -1 Do not release this package because...
>

> (1) the upload for the Linux 32 bit artifacts is still ongoing, but 64
> bit is already available.

+1

--
DiGro

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta (RC)

Posted by "tx99h4@hotmail.com" <tx...@hotmail.com>.
+1

Best regards.

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta (RC)

Posted by Aivaras Stepukonis <as...@gmail.com>.
+1

Best wishes,

Aivaras

Posted by Jeongkyu Kim <je...@gmail.com>.
+1

2014년 3월 6일 목요일, Jürgen Schmidt<jo...@gmail.com>님이 작성한 메시지:

Posted by Sylvain DENIS <sy...@gmail.com>.
+1 for release

Sylvain DENIS
Belgium

Posted by Shenfeng Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kazunari Hirano <kh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Thanks,
khirano

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 5:55 PM, Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> this is a call for vote on releasing the available release candidate
> (RC) as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta. The Beta release is intended to
> reach more early adopters and to receive more valuable feedback to
> improve potentially critical areas for the final release.
>
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1 is a minor update with many bugfixes and at least
> 2 major improvements. It's the first version where we have the
> iAccessibility2 support integrated and available. A very huge step
> forward to reach and better support disabled users especially on
> Windows. The second improvement is the switch to 64 bit on MacOS. A long
> and overdue "must do" shift forward to support newer APIs (replace
> deprecated APIs)  and platforms on MacOS.
> And we can provide again more complete UI translations and have now
> support for 37 languages. New languages for this release compared to
> 4.0.1 are Bulgarian, Danish, Hindi, Norwegian Bokmal and Thai.
>
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1 will be a further key milestone to continue the
> success of OpenOffice.
>
> An overview of release issues can be found under:
>

> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/AOO4.1.0_Beta_fixes.html
>
> The release candidate artifacts (1) (source release, as well as binary
> releases for 37 languages) and further information how to verify and
> review Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta can be found on the following wiki
> page:
>

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds
>
> The RC is based on the release branch AOO410, revision 1573601! And a
> fresh and clean RAT scan output of this revision can be found under
>

> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/AOO4.1.0_RAT_Scan.html
>
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta
>
> The vote starts now and will be open until:
>
>    Sunday evening, 9 March: 2014-03-09 11:00pm UTC.
>
> But we invite all people to vote (non binding) on this RC. We would like
> to provide a release that is supported by the majority of our project
> members.
>
>    [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta
>    [ ]  0 Don't care
>    [ ] -1 Do not release this package because...
>

> (1) the upload for the Linux 32 bit artifacts is still ongoing, but 64
> bit is already available.

khirano@apache.org
Apache OpenOffice
http://openoffice.apache.org

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta (RC)

Posted by Dave Barton <db...@tasit.net>.
+1 (non binding)

Posted by Juergen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Am Donnerstag, 6. März 2014 um 09:55 schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
> Hi all,
>
> this is a call for vote on releasing the available release candidate
> (RC) as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta. The Beta release is intended to
> reach more early adopters and to receive more valuable feedback to
> improve potentially critical areas for the final release.
>
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1 is a minor update with many bugfixes and at least
> 2 major improvements. It's the first version where we have the
> iAccessibility2 support integrated and available. A very huge step
> forward to reach and better support disabled users especially on
> Windows. The second improvement is the switch to 64 bit on MacOS. A long
> and overdue "must do" shift forward to support newer APIs (replace
> deprecated APIs) and platforms on MacOS.
> And we can provide again more complete UI translations and have now
> support for 37 languages. New languages for this release compared to
> 4.0.1 are Bulgarian, Danish, Hindi, Norwegian Bokmal and Thai.
>
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1 will be a further key milestone to continue the
> success of OpenOffice.
>
> An overview of release issues can be found under:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/AOO4.1.0_Beta_fixes.html
>
> The release candidate artifacts (1) (source release, as well as binary
> releases for 37 languages) and further information how to verify and
> review Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta can be found on the following wiki page:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds
>
> The RC is based on the release branch AOO410, revision 1573601! And a
> fresh and clean RAT scan output of this revision can be found under
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/AOO4.1.0_RAT_Scan.html
>
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta
>
> The vote starts now and will be open until:
>
> Sunday evening, 9 March: 2014-03-09 11:00pm UTC.
>
> But we invite all people to vote (non binding) on this RC. We would like
> to provide a release that is supported by the majority of our project
> members.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta
> [ ] 0 Don't care

+1, I built from scratch from the  src release, reviewed the rat scan results and played around with the Mac version.

Juergen

Posted by Steve Yin <st...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 12:43 AM, Sandhya Sivakumar <sa...@gmail.com>wrote:

> +1
>

> On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 12:55 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > this is a call for vote on releasing the available release candidate
> > (RC) as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta. The Beta release is intended to
> > reach more early adopters and to receive more valuable feedback to
> > improve potentially critical areas for the final release.
> >
> > Apache OpenOffice 4.1 is a minor update with many bugfixes and at least
> > 2 major improvements. It's the first version where we have the
> > iAccessibility2 support integrated and available. A very huge step
> > forward to reach and better support disabled users especially on
> > Windows. The second improvement is the switch to 64 bit on MacOS. A long
> > and overdue "must do" shift forward to support newer APIs (replace
> > deprecated APIs)  and platforms on MacOS.
> > And we can provide again more complete UI translations and have now
> > support for 37 languages. New languages for this release compared to
> > 4.0.1 are Bulgarian, Danish, Hindi, Norwegian Bokmal and Thai.
> >
> > Apache OpenOffice 4.1 will be a further key milestone to continue the
> > success of OpenOffice.
> >
> > An overview of release issues can be found under:
> >

> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/AOO4.1.0_Beta_fixes.html
> >
> > The release candidate artifacts (1) (source release, as well as binary
> > releases for 37 languages) and further information how to verify and
> > review Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta can be found on the following wiki
> > page:
> >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds
> >
> > The RC is based on the release branch AOO410, revision 1573601! And a
> > fresh and clean RAT scan output of this revision can be found under
> >

> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/AOO4.1.0_RAT_Scan.html
> >
> > Please vote on releasing this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta
> >
> > The vote starts now and will be open until:
> >
> >    Sunday evening, 9 March: 2014-03-09 11:00pm UTC.
> >
> > But we invite all people to vote (non binding) on this RC. We would like
> > to provide a release that is supported by the majority of our project
> > members.
> >
> >    [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta
> >    [ ]  0 Don't care
> >    [ ] -1 Do not release this package because...
> >

> > (1) the upload for the Linux 32 bit artifacts is still ongoing, but 64
> > bit is already available.

Best Regards,

Steve Yin

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta (RC)

Posted by Steve Yin <st...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 12:43 AM, Sandhya Sivakumar <sa...@gmail.com>wrote:

> +1
>

> On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 12:55 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > this is a call for vote on releasing the available release candidate
> > (RC) as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta. The Beta release is intended to
> > reach more early adopters and to receive more valuable feedback to
> > improve potentially critical areas for the final release.
> >
> > Apache OpenOffice 4.1 is a minor update with many bugfixes and at least
> > 2 major improvements. It's the first version where we have the
> > iAccessibility2 support integrated and available. A very huge step
> > forward to reach and better support disabled users especially on
> > Windows. The second improvement is the switch to 64 bit on MacOS. A long
> > and overdue "must do" shift forward to support newer APIs (replace
> > deprecated APIs)  and platforms on MacOS.
> > And we can provide again more complete UI translations and have now
> > support for 37 languages. New languages for this release compared to
> > 4.0.1 are Bulgarian, Danish, Hindi, Norwegian Bokmal and Thai.
> >
> > Apache OpenOffice 4.1 will be a further key milestone to continue the
> > success of OpenOffice.
> >
> > An overview of release issues can be found under:
> >

> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/AOO4.1.0_Beta_fixes.html
> >
> > The release candidate artifacts (1) (source release, as well as binary
> > releases for 37 languages) and further information how to verify and
> > review Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta can be found on the following wiki
> > page:
> >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds
> >
> > The RC is based on the release branch AOO410, revision 1573601! And a
> > fresh and clean RAT scan output of this revision can be found under
> >

> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/AOO4.1.0_RAT_Scan.html
> >
> > Please vote on releasing this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta
> >
> > The vote starts now and will be open until:
> >
> >    Sunday evening, 9 March: 2014-03-09 11:00pm UTC.
> >
> > But we invite all people to vote (non binding) on this RC. We would like
> > to provide a release that is supported by the majority of our project
> > members.
> >
> >    [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta
> >    [ ]  0 Don't care
> >    [ ] -1 Do not release this package because...
> >

> > (1) the upload for the Linux 32 bit artifacts is still ongoing, but 64
> > bit is already available.

Best Regards,

Steve Yin

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta (RC)

Posted by Steve Yin <st...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 12:43 AM, Sandhya Sivakumar <sa...@gmail.com>wrote:

> +1
>

> On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 12:55 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > this is a call for vote on releasing the available release candidate
> > (RC) as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta. The Beta release is intended to
> > reach more early adopters and to receive more valuable feedback to
> > improve potentially critical areas for the final release.
> >
> > Apache OpenOffice 4.1 is a minor update with many bugfixes and at least
> > 2 major improvements. It's the first version where we have the
> > iAccessibility2 support integrated and available. A very huge step
> > forward to reach and better support disabled users especially on
> > Windows. The second improvement is the switch to 64 bit on MacOS. A long
> > and overdue "must do" shift forward to support newer APIs (replace
> > deprecated APIs)  and platforms on MacOS.
> > And we can provide again more complete UI translations and have now
> > support for 37 languages. New languages for this release compared to
> > 4.0.1 are Bulgarian, Danish, Hindi, Norwegian Bokmal and Thai.
> >
> > Apache OpenOffice 4.1 will be a further key milestone to continue the
> > success of OpenOffice.
> >
> > An overview of release issues can be found under:
> >

> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/AOO4.1.0_Beta_fixes.html
> >
> > The release candidate artifacts (1) (source release, as well as binary
> > releases for 37 languages) and further information how to verify and
> > review Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta can be found on the following wiki
> > page:
> >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds
> >
> > The RC is based on the release branch AOO410, revision 1573601! And a
> > fresh and clean RAT scan output of this revision can be found under
> >

> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/AOO4.1.0_RAT_Scan.html
> >
> > Please vote on releasing this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta
> >
> > The vote starts now and will be open until:
> >
> >    Sunday evening, 9 March: 2014-03-09 11:00pm UTC.
> >
> > But we invite all people to vote (non binding) on this RC. We would like
> > to provide a release that is supported by the majority of our project
> > members.
> >
> >    [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta
> >    [ ]  0 Don't care
> >    [ ] -1 Do not release this package because...
> >

> > (1) the upload for the Linux 32 bit artifacts is still ongoing, but 64
> > bit is already available.

Best Regards,

Steve Yin

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta (RC)

Posted by Sandhya Sivakumar <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Juergen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 06/03/2014 Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> this is a call for vote on releasing the available release candidate
> (RC) as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta. The Beta release is intended to
> reach more early adopters and to receive more valuable feedback to
> improve potentially critical areas for the final release. ...
>     [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta
>     [ ]  0 Don't care
>     [ ] -1 Do not release this package because...

+1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta (RC)

Posted by Sandhya Sivakumar <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 12:55 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> this is a call for vote on releasing the available release candidate
> (RC) as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta. The Beta release is intended to
> reach more early adopters and to receive more valuable feedback to
> improve potentially critical areas for the final release.
>
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1 is a minor update with many bugfixes and at least
> 2 major improvements. It's the first version where we have the
> iAccessibility2 support integrated and available. A very huge step
> forward to reach and better support disabled users especially on
> Windows. The second improvement is the switch to 64 bit on MacOS. A long
> and overdue "must do" shift forward to support newer APIs (replace
> deprecated APIs)  and platforms on MacOS.
> And we can provide again more complete UI translations and have now
> support for 37 languages. New languages for this release compared to
> 4.0.1 are Bulgarian, Danish, Hindi, Norwegian Bokmal and Thai.
>
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1 will be a further key milestone to continue the
> success of OpenOffice.
>
> An overview of release issues can be found under:
>

> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/AOO4.1.0_Beta_fixes.html
>
> The release candidate artifacts (1) (source release, as well as binary
> releases for 37 languages) and further information how to verify and
> review Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta can be found on the following wiki
> page:
>

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds
>
> The RC is based on the release branch AOO410, revision 1573601! And a
> fresh and clean RAT scan output of this revision can be found under
>

> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/AOO4.1.0_RAT_Scan.html
>
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta
>
> The vote starts now and will be open until:
>
>    Sunday evening, 9 March: 2014-03-09 11:00pm UTC.
>
> But we invite all people to vote (non binding) on this RC. We would like
> to provide a release that is supported by the majority of our project
> members.
>
>    [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta
>    [ ]  0 Don't care
>    [ ] -1 Do not release this package because...
>

> (1) the upload for the Linux 32 bit artifacts is still ongoing, but 64
> bit is already available.

+1 (binding)

MzK

"Cats do not have to be shown how to have a good time,
 for they are unfailing ingenious in that respect."
                                       -- James Mason

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta (RC)

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Jürgen Schmidt schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> this is a call for vote on releasing the available release candidate
> (RC) as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta. The Beta release is intended to
> reach more early adopters and to receive more valuable feedback to
> improve potentially critical areas for the final release.
>
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1 is a minor update with many bugfixes and at least
> 2 major improvements. It's the first version where we have the
> iAccessibility2 support integrated and available. A very huge step
> forward to reach and better support disabled users especially on
> Windows. The second improvement is the switch to 64 bit on MacOS. A long
> and overdue "must do" shift forward to support newer APIs (replace
> deprecated APIs)  and platforms on MacOS.
> And we can provide again more complete UI translations and have now
> support for 37 languages. New languages for this release compared to
> 4.0.1 are Bulgarian, Danish, Hindi, Norwegian Bokmal and Thai.
>
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1 will be a further key milestone to continue the
> success of OpenOffice.
>
> An overview of release issues can be found under:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/AOO4.1.0_Beta_fixes.html
>
> The release candidate artifacts (1) (source release, as well as binary
> releases for 37 languages) and further information how to verify and
> review Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta can be found on the following wiki page:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds
>
> The RC is based on the release branch AOO410, revision 1573601! And a
> fresh and clean RAT scan output of this revision can be found under
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/AOO4.1.0_RAT_Scan.html
>
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta
>
> The vote starts now and will be open until:
>
>     Sunday evening, 9 March: 2014-03-09 11:00pm UTC.
>
> But we invite all people to vote (non binding) on this RC. We would like
> to provide a release that is supported by the majority of our project
> members.

      [x] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta
      [ ]  0 Don't care

Kind regards
Regina

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta (RC)

Posted by "O.Felka" <ol...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
+1

Marcus

Posted by Kazunari Hirano <kh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Thanks,
khirano

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 5:55 PM, Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> this is a call for vote on releasing the available release candidate
> (RC) as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta. The Beta release is intended to
> reach more early adopters and to receive more valuable feedback to
> improve potentially critical areas for the final release.
>
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1 is a minor update with many bugfixes and at least
> 2 major improvements. It's the first version where we have the
> iAccessibility2 support integrated and available. A very huge step
> forward to reach and better support disabled users especially on
> Windows. The second improvement is the switch to 64 bit on MacOS. A long
> and overdue "must do" shift forward to support newer APIs (replace
> deprecated APIs)  and platforms on MacOS.
> And we can provide again more complete UI translations and have now
> support for 37 languages. New languages for this release compared to
> 4.0.1 are Bulgarian, Danish, Hindi, Norwegian Bokmal and Thai.
>
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1 will be a further key milestone to continue the
> success of OpenOffice.
>
> An overview of release issues can be found under:
>

> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/AOO4.1.0_Beta_fixes.html
>
> The release candidate artifacts (1) (source release, as well as binary
> releases for 37 languages) and further information how to verify and
> review Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta can be found on the following wiki
> page:
>

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds
>
> The RC is based on the release branch AOO410, revision 1573601! And a
> fresh and clean RAT scan output of this revision can be found under
>

> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/AOO4.1.0_RAT_Scan.html
>
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta
>
> The vote starts now and will be open until:
>
>    Sunday evening, 9 March: 2014-03-09 11:00pm UTC.
>
> But we invite all people to vote (non binding) on this RC. We would like
> to provide a release that is supported by the majority of our project
> members.
>
>    [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta
>    [ ]  0 Don't care
>    [ ] -1 Do not release this package because...
>

> (1) the upload for the Linux 32 bit artifacts is still ongoing, but 64
> bit is already available.

khirano@apache.org
Apache OpenOffice
http://openoffice.apache.org

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta (RC)

Posted by Raphael Bircher <rb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Juergen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jan iversen <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Josef Latt <Jo...@gmx.net>.
+1

Posted by V Stuart Foote <VS...@utsa.edu>.
+1

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
+1 for Beta 4.1 release

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta (RC)

Posted by Andre Fischer <aw...@gmail.com>.
+1

Regards, Andre

RE: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta (RC)

Posted by V Stuart Foote <VS...@utsa.edu>.
+1

Posted by Николай Нинков <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1

Regards

Ninkov

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Sandhya Sivakumar <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Kazunari Hirano <kh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Thanks,
khirano

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 5:55 PM, Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> this is a call for vote on releasing the available release candidate
> (RC) as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta. The Beta release is intended to
> reach more early adopters and to receive more valuable feedback to
> improve potentially critical areas for the final release.
>
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1 is a minor update with many bugfixes and at least
> 2 major improvements. It's the first version where we have the
> iAccessibility2 support integrated and available. A very huge step
> forward to reach and better support disabled users especially on
> Windows. The second improvement is the switch to 64 bit on MacOS. A long
> and overdue "must do" shift forward to support newer APIs (replace
> deprecated APIs)  and platforms on MacOS.
> And we can provide again more complete UI translations and have now
> support for 37 languages. New languages for this release compared to
> 4.0.1 are Bulgarian, Danish, Hindi, Norwegian Bokmal and Thai.
>
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1 will be a further key milestone to continue the
> success of OpenOffice.
>
> An overview of release issues can be found under:
>

> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/AOO4.1.0_Beta_fixes.html
>
> The release candidate artifacts (1) (source release, as well as binary
> releases for 37 languages) and further information how to verify and
> review Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta can be found on the following wiki
> page:
>

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds
>
> The RC is based on the release branch AOO410, revision 1573601! And a
> fresh and clean RAT scan output of this revision can be found under
>

> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/AOO4.1.0_RAT_Scan.html
>
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta
>
> The vote starts now and will be open until:
>
>    Sunday evening, 9 March: 2014-03-09 11:00pm UTC.
>
> But we invite all people to vote (non binding) on this RC. We would like
> to provide a release that is supported by the majority of our project
> members.
>
>    [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta
>    [ ]  0 Don't care
>    [ ] -1 Do not release this package because...
>

> (1) the upload for the Linux 32 bit artifacts is still ongoing, but 64
> bit is already available.

khirano@apache.org
Apache OpenOffice
http://openoffice.apache.org

RE: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta (RC)

Posted by V Stuart Foote <VS...@utsa.edu>.
+1

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.