Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Mansour <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2007/10/21 18:10:19 UTC

developing jetspeed with eclipse

I find customizing jetspeed is easy the way I do it. Here's how I did
it. From a fresh installation of jetexpress (the binary distribution) I
created the jetexpress war and imported it as an eclipse project. I did
the same for the j2-admin. Then, I imported the server.xml to the
META-INF folder in the jetexpress project.

Now, I can customize the themes and the templates and export the war
file easily. It would be nice to be able to do the same with source
code. I need to add some functionality to the j2-admin. Unforetunately,
thing are not that simple where I have to build from maven (I tried
before and gave up), then I have to find a way to debug in eclipse and
the worst part I have to keep on searching in js2 documentation.

I decided to give this a shot and check out only j2-admin from the SVN.
Things did not go easily as I had to copy the libraries to the lib
folder. I have checked out
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/portals/jetspeed-2/trunk/applications/j2-admin/src/
as a dynamic web project and set the contents to "webapp" and the source
to "java" folders. Then copied the missing libraries. One of the errors
I am getting is in the class package
org.apache.jetspeed.portlets.tracking.PortletTrackingPortlet . The error
says:
"The hierarchy of the type PortletTrackingPortlet is inconsistent"

Any idea about how to start developing with the "j2-admin" only without
going through the process of building with maven ?

Re: developing jetspeed with eclipse

Posted by Mansour <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you David.
This sounds good. I was able to build every thing from source. I will
try you suggestion about the stand alone j2-admin, and will let you know.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.