Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/28 17:04:54 UTC

Kafka Version Detection for Rolling Upgrade

Hello,

I am struggling a little bit to do the rolling upgrade. My confusion is
mainly where the version numbers should be. I am verifying my steps using
main site guidelines. Any help would be appreciated

https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#ecosystem

I am upgrading from *2.11-1.1.0* to *2.12-2.1.0. *I have 3 brokers.Could
someone confirm that my versions are correct.

Current version: 1.1
New version: 2.1 (obtained from kafka-version.sh --version).

Also, I don't need to override the log message format since it's 1.1.0 to
2.1.0, is it still correct?

Thanks,