Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Erik Ralenius <Er...@smartbear.com> on 2011/09/30 15:43:11 UTC

setEncCanonicalization() removed from WSSecEncrypt in WSS4J 1.6.2

Hi!

I noticed that the setEncCanonicalization() method was removed from org.apache.ws.security.message.WSSecEncrypt in 1.6.2 of WSS4J, and there don't seems to be any other way to set the encryption canonicalization.
Why was this method removed? What consequences does this get on encrypted messages?

Regards

Erik RÃ¥lenius Yverling

Developer | SmartBear Sweden
erik.ralenius@smartbear.com
www.SmartBear.com

Re: setEncCanonicalization() removed from WSSecEncrypt in WSS4J 1.6.2

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
It wasn't removed from WSSecEncrypt in 1.6.2, but in 1.6.0. It was
removed because in 1.5.x it wasn't doing anything. Why would you want
to use canonicalization with encryption?

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

http://coheigea.blogspot.com/