Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by NimbusParc <ni...@yahoo.in> on 2013/10/01 07:47:21 UTC

Re: QPID AMQP Performance test

Which version of QPID you are using while testing ?
In the recent version of QPID-0.24, the --tcp-nodelay became Yes by default.
 If you are using previous versions, you need to pass this argument to get
better performance.

amitg90 wrote
> Hi All,
>
> i am new to QPID, after downloading the software from website, i used the
> sample example code (recv.c and send.c) and modified on send side to
> continuouly send 64 bytes packets from machine A and on recevie side on
> machine B grabbing the packet and checking how much packets i received per
> sec and i am not able to see more than 18000 packets per sec (throughput
> 10Mbps).
>
> being a 1Gbps link between two machines i was hoping for more throughput
> coming out of it..
>
> i ran standard TCP performance test and it get close to 800Mbps
> throughput.
>
> can someone please suggest if there is something obvious that i am missing
> or there exist some performance script which help me understand what is
> causing low throughput..
>
> i can provide more details if that helps..
>
> thanks
> amit

RE: QPID AMQP Performance test

Posted by Am...@Dell.com.
Dell - Internal Use - Confidential
Thanks Everyone for quick response..
I am trying the suggestion I got so far from everyone, will send my finding to the group to get the feedback..
Thanks
amit

Posted by NimbusParc <ni...@yahoo.in>.
Gordon Sim wrote