Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com> on 2023/02/10 09:33:02 UTC

TomEE 10.x .... changing approach

Hi all,

I'm sorry, but I have closed my big PR #1005 regain TomEE 10.x. It's
getting too big to get reviewed and it looks like a big bang operation
which is not desired. For TomEE 9.x we had to somehow do it, but then it
took months to bring the build back to green and the TCK fully green as
well.

For TomEE 10, we can avoid that and move in parallel with baby steps
without breaking the build for a very long time.

Long story short, I have reopened all PRs merged into that big PR and I'll
ask everyone to check them out, build them and make sure they are green
before they are merged.

I'll proceed the same way myself by pulling from the big PR some changes
and create smaller PRs that I can test and get into a green state.

--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro

Re: TomEE 10.x .... changing approach

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
Hi Thomas,

Please see below some comments.
--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
http://www.tomitribe.com

On Thu, Apr 20, 2023 at 4:30 PM Thomas Andraschko <
andraschko.thomas@gmail.com> wrote:

> JFYI:
> my colleague implemented the Johnzon polymorphism feature and he will try
> to get all TCK tests running

I reviewed with Romain and we merged. I need to run the entire TCK again
and I'll trigger a release asap if it passes.

> So whats left:
> - Johnzon: wait and run release
> - BVal: run release

Discussed with Mark as well in a separate thread. We should do a release.
I'm happy to do it as well.

> - CXF: 4.0 is already released? So just integration missing?

Yes, but integration is tricky and the upgrade will take a bit of time. The
trick is that they don't care about TCK so I don't know where we are.

> - OWB: ?

Mark started. We have a few challenges created and accepted. We have other
things to fix in order to pass the TCK.

> - BatchEE: ?

Mark also started on this one, but I'm not sure about the current status. I
think the upgrade broke a lot of APIs. Some modules will be pruned as well.

> - OpenJPA: no commits, also OpenJPA doesnt implement all 2.2 features.

Mark or Romain, do you have any update on this one?
I must say I have no idea.

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.
JFYI:

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.