Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Joseph Bergmark <be...@apache.org> on 2010/03/08 16:18:15 UTC

Build failures

It appears the last couple hudson build have been failing as the root
pom.xml references webbeans-ee/pom.xml that doesn't exist.  Perhaps this
file was missed in a recent commit?

On a broader note, the hudson builds have been failing at a later point for
a while now, apparently due to the removal of jboss repositories from the
root pom.xml, and the assumption that these have been added to an
individual's settings.xml.  What is the reasoning behind removing these from
the root pom.xml, but still requiring them for the project to build?

Sincerely,

Joe Bergmark

Re: Build failures

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <cg...@gmail.com>.
>>>What's the issue? There's no restriction on what repositories you can
refer to...
There are some JBoss related repositories(some of them are on maven central
some not), and we have removed all of them from our main pom. We setup those
repos. in settings.xml. It seems that it is reasonable to setup those repos.
in settings.xml instead of listing directly in pom.

But, Hudson now failed because of not finding some jboss specific libs
(namely, jboss-tesharness-api),from maven central. Therefore, we have just
added this library provider repo into main pom and problem has solved.

As you said that there is no restriction to put third party repos. in pom,
then everything is fine now!

Thanks;

--Gurkan

--
Gurkan Erdogdu
http://gurkanerdogdu.blogspot.com

Re: Build failures

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Re: Build failures

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <cg...@gmail.com>.
I have asked this at general@

Re: Build failures

Posted by Joseph Bergmark <be...@apache.org>.
The problematic library appears to be jboss-test-harness-api.  You can see
the error in the logs here:

http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/OpenWebBeans-trunk/59/console

Sincerely,

Joe