Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Richard Sitze <rs...@us.ibm.com> on 2003/04/02 03:47:45 UTC

RE: what version of commons-discovery is being used in the latest ver sion?

Tom, the most recent version of discovery will certainly work fine for
you.  It's got a few bug fixes over earlier versions, and no API changes.

Richard A. Sitze
IBM WebSphere WebServices Development

Tom Jordahl <to...@macromedia.com>
03/24/2003 05:37 PM
Please respond to axis-dev

        To:     "'axis-dev@ws.apache.org'" <ax...@ws.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: what version of commons-discovery is being
used in the latest       ver sion?

I think we still use the version that was 'current' around the time of the
1.0 release.  Richard Sitze from IBM did 99.9% of the discovery work as
well as a good portion of the Commons Discovery implementation.  He has
since dropped off the face of the internet, or at least the Axis project.

No one else really understands how that stuff works, unfortunately.....
:-(

What is the current release of Dicovery?  I actually am running with the
latest CVS of discovery and Axis still work fine.  If there is a
reasonable release number that is newer, we could update our jar file.

Anyone?

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development