Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org> on 2001/07/08 06:45:33 UTC

Re: Cannot find bean in scope null

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Rama Krishna wrote:

> i get the same error
>
> Cannot find bean org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN in scope null because of
> this line

One common cause for this kind of error is if the above statement is *not*
nested inside an <html:form>.  As the documentation indicates, that is the
only legal use for <html:text>.  But it's impossible to know if this is
the problem or not, unless you show us the entire page.

As a side comment, the normal JavaBeans convention is that property names
start with lower case letters, so you might want to change "Server" to
"server".  This will get translated into appropriate calls to the
getServer() or setServer() method of your bean.

Craig McClanahan

Posted by Bob Byron <bb...@radit.com>.
Yep, that was the problem.

Thank You,