Posted to dev@shardingsphere.apache.org by KimmKing <ki...@apache.org> on 2020/05/14 06:46:23 UTC

[DISCUSS]About a hotfix release version 4.1.1

Hi, community.
     After the latest version 4.1.0 release, there is a bug[1] found during loading Oracle tables metadata and cause sharding-jdbc/proxy can't bootstrap.
     And it had fixed in master by a community contributor now [2].
     So, we should consider about a hotfix release version 4.1.1,  fix it to backport 4.x, and make sure Oracle env users can be use this coming version.

     Any suggestion/idea is welcome.

[1].https://github.com/apache/shardingsphere/issues/5581
[2].https://github.com/apache/shardingsphere/pull/5436

Re: [DISCUSS]About a hotfix release version 4.1.1

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
hotfix for a blocking issue, makes sense to me.

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

KimmKing <ki...@apache.org> 于2020年5月14日周四 下午2:46写道:

Posted by KimmKing <ki...@apache.org>.
Hi, community.
There are 9 PMCs/Committers reply on this thread so far and all agree with version 4.1.1, and also suggest carry several PRs to this new release version.
So we will get these PRs merged done, and then launch to release ASAP.

Posted by Zhang Yonglun <zh...@apache.org>.
+1.

I will carry two other PRs to 4.1.1 for Sharding-Proxy fixed in 5.0.0.

#3555, fix postgresql proxy return redundant command complete packet
https://github.com/apache/shardingsphere/pull/5178

#3556, affect rows is always zero when using sharding-proxy postgresq
https://github.com/apache/shardingsphere/pull/5194

--

Zhang Yonglun
Apache ShardingSphere

Posted by avalon566 <av...@163.com>.
+1, LGTM!

YangWen Ou(avalon566)
Apache ShardingSphere

Re:Re: [DISCUSS]About a hotfix release version 4.1.1

Posted by Sion Yang <sc...@163.com>.
+1 ,

I think we should solve some sharding-scaling bug and issue in 4.1.1 version.

And there is a enhancement in scaling for 5.0.0 before, I think it also can be enhance in 4.1.1

list:

[1] https://github.com/apache/shardingsphere/issues/5390
[2] https://github.com/apache/shardingsphere/issues/5389
[3] https://github.com/apache/shardingsphere/pull/5068

--
Yi Yang(Sion)
Apache ShardingSphere

在 2020-05-14 18:19:53,"zhaojun" <zh...@apache.org> 写道:

Posted by zhaojun <zh...@apache.org>.
+1,

Posted by Zhiyi Yan <ca...@gmail.com>.
Good idea.

Posted by Zonglei Dong <do...@apache.org>.

+1, for Oracle user, It is very necessary.
Zonglei Dong
Apache ShardingSphere

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.

Posted by TaoZhi <ui...@163.com>.