Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Erik Dasque <ed...@silverstream.com> on 2000/02/16 17:52:29 UTC

HTML (not XHTML) in a XSLT file and HTML within an XML document

Can you give me an XSLT example to transform an XML document into HTML ?
I have tried this and the editors compain about the XSL file not being a
well-formed XML document (since it contains HTML, not XHTML).

If I just put it there, XALAN cannot find its version attribute (probably
because the style sheet is not well formed anymore). If I use CDDATA, IE5
XSL processor displays it well but if I process it using Xalan, it escapes
my whole HTML code.

Also, how can you have an element text node to be non parsed HTML (which
would cause the XML document to be non valid) ?

Something like
<DOCUMENT>
<HTML_BODY> [*---<HTML>....</HTML> ---*]
</HTML_BODY>
</DOCUMENT>

where the HTMLBODY being included as is (not espaced with &lt;) by XALAN

TIA

Ed.