Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Lars Fischer <lf...@fastmail.fm> on 2010/11/25 14:43:03 UTC

maven-release-plugin: computed releaseVersion used as property?

Hello,

I would like to use the maven-release-plugin and set a different
release tag without the need of interacting.
Additional I need to use the computed release version as part of the tag.

I tried to configure it like this:
<plugin>
  <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
  <configuration>
    <tag>${project.groupId}.${project.artifactId}-${releaseVersion}</tag>
  </configuration>
</plugin>

Unfortunately, there is no ${releaseVersion} property.
${project.version} is computed with the old -SNAPSHOT value.

Is there a way, how I can configure the maven-release-plugin to work this way?

Regards,
Lars

Re: maven-release-plugin: computed releaseVersion used as property?

Posted by João Ferreira <jt...@gmail.com>.
Hello.

I was also interested in a solution for this. Currently i have to use
-Dtag=XXXX

Regrads

João Ferreira