Posted to users@flex.apache.org by leokan23 <le...@best-web.gr> on 2016/03/08 11:10:08 UTC

Flex Mobile and JS Charts

So i want to build an app using charts (a lot of them) but the flex charts
are abit old and outdated. I want to use Javascript Charts which will be
change dynamically within a (probably?) stagewebview.

Have anyone done something similar and can share some of the project as a
starting point?

If done, do you prefer any charting framework?

Thank you

Re: Flex Mobile and JS Charts

Posted by leokan23 <le...@best-web.gr>.
I have already tried the form="curve" but it looks a bit strange. I will give
it a bit more time.

Thanks for all the info, i will also try using the highcharts to see if i
can get a more modern look.

Ardisia looks good too. I hadn't heard about them but their components look
a good start.

Thanks.

Re: Flex Mobile and JS Charts

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 2:58 PM, leokan23 <le...@best-web.gr> wrote:

> Well i am working on an app providing customers insights to a business. I
> was
> able to turn a pie chart to a flat material like donut which is nice, but
> the areachart for example looks a bit odd. Labels are too big for mobile,

You can adjust chart labels fonts, size, etc. via CSS

> and there aren't smooth curves.

You can set form="curve" to see smooth curves.  By default it shows jagged
lines.  Look at this [1]

> I would also love to have animations in lines and in the charts.

Flex charts supports animation by default.  They are same (or better) than
the HighCharts animations. [2]

> HighCharts look good and close to the amCharts (they used to also support
> flex but it is deprecated now).

Also look at Ardisia Labs Charts for Flex.  They are in active development
[3]

> Do you have an example/github of using HighCharts in a mobile app?

Have you tried opening  [4] in a mobile browser?  That's exactly how they
would work inside a native mobile app.

[1]
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/using/WS2db454920e96a9e51e63e3d11c0bf6568f-7ffd.html
[2]
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/using/WS2db454920e96a9e51e63e3d11c0bf65c3d-7ff5.html
[3] www.ardisialabs.com/demo/
[4] http://www.highcharts.com/demo

Re: Flex Mobile and JS Charts

Re: Flex Mobile and JS Charts

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Yes StageWebView should work well.  I prefer HighCharts if it just
cartesian charts.  For anything more complex, D3.js is preferable.

That said, the Flex charts are very powerful and flexible.  What areas do
you think are outdated?  I have built pure Flex mobile apps with a lot of
charts and they work great,  just FYI.

Thanks,
Om