Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Kelvin <ks...@yahoo.com.sg> on 2011/07/20 05:41:43 UTC

How to get the original html file that is crawled by Nutch?

Dear all,

I have used both nutch 1.2 and 1.3. Both work fine for the crawling, indexing. When I want to search using some keywords, it return the results, showing snippets of the htmls that contain the keywords. Is there a way to retrieve or access the full original html pages that contain the keywords?

Thank you for your help.

Re: How to get the original html file that is crawled by Nutch?

Posted by Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com>.
The original content (e.g. HTML) is not sent for indexing and is not the
content (extracted text). What you are describing would store the  text and
should be sufficient for generating snippets in SOLR.

--
*

http://digitalpebble.blogspot.com/
http://www.digitalpebble.com

Re: How to get the original html file that is crawled by Nutch?

Posted by Chris Alexander <ch...@kusiri.com>.

Posted by Kelvin <ks...@yahoo.com.sg>.
I have found the solution for my problem, I'm posting it, in case others are also stuck in this problem. :)

Nutch can store the whole text content of the html pages. for nutch 1.3

Step 1:In nutch/runtime/local/conf/nutch-site.xml
            add

<property>
 <name>http.content.limit</name>
 <value>-1</value>
</property>

Step 2:In Solr /example/solr/conf/schema.xml

Set <field name="content" type="text" stored="true" indexed="true"/>