Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Oleg Fuks <of...@apache.org> on 2019/11/25 16:52:01 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache DLab (incubating) 2.2

Hello Incubator Community,

The Apache DLab community has voted on and approved a proposal to release Apache DLab (incubating) version 2.2.

We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote in this release.

DLab is a platform for creating self-service, exploratory data science environments in the cloud using best-of-breed data science tools.
DLab includes a self-service web console, used to create and manage exploratory environments. It allows teams to spin up analytical environments with just a single click of a mouse.
Once established, the environment can be managed by an analytical team itself, leveraging simple and easy-to-use web-based interface.

DLab community vote thread:
• https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/928d28997752fa1a606ccef2e3818e6fe5d80afd6a9f0592bf7ce83b@%3Cdev.dlab.apache.org%3E

Vote result thread:
• https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/5c12ab19b04332ea9df88cc24d822f7cfe52a578b8f2756250a23b81@%3Cdev.dlab.apache.org%3E

The release candidate:
• https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dlab/2.2-RC1/

Git tag for the release:
• https://github.com/apache/incubator-dlab/releases/tag/2.2-RC1

Release notes:
• https://github.com/apache/incubator-dlab/releases/tag/2.2-RC1

The artifacts signed with PGP key 3B2DEEF1, corresponding to olegfuks98@gmail.com, that can be found in keys file:

• https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dlab/KEYS

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thanks,
The Apache DLab (Incubating) Team

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache DLab (incubating) 2.2

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> - DISCLAIMER: Do we need to replace the current disclaimer with work in progress disclaimer?

You don’t have to but doing so may make it easier to pass an IPMC vote. If you use the WIP DISCLAIMER you don’t need to fully comply with ASF policy.

>            3) We will remove unnecessary dependency(directory-server) which we do not use.

I think you may of missed my point. You don’t lis dependancies at all, you only need to list what 3rd party code is included in your source release.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache DLab (incubating) 2.2

Posted by Oleg Fuks <of...@apache.org>.
Hello Justin Mclean,

Thanks for your feedback.

- DISCLAIMER: Do we need to replace the current disclaimer with work in progress disclaimer?
- LICENSE:
            1) We will add a license for Material Icons and Open Sans font to the list of licenses.
            2) Mentioned files will be updated with license too.
            3) We will remove unnecessary dependency(directory-server) which we do not use.

Thanks,
Oleg