Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Fanbin Bu <fa...@coinbase.com> on 2020/12/08 03:42:03 UTC

user defined metrics showed in Flink UI but not datadog

Hi,

I followed [1] to define my own metric as:

val dropwizardHistogram = new com.codahale.metrics.Histogram(new
SlidingWindowReservoir(500))
histogram = getRuntimeContext
      .getMetricGroup
      .histogram("*feature_latency*", new
DropwizardHistogramWrapper(dropwizardHistogram))

and it is successfully shown up in the flink UI:

[image: image.png]

however, I couldn't find it in datadog. my flink conf looks like:
"metrics.reporter.dghttp.factory.class" ->
"org.apache.flink.metrics.datadog.DatadogHttpReporterFactory",
      "metrics.scope.operator" -> "flink.op",
      "metrics.scope.jm.job" -> "flink.jm.job",
      "metrics.scope.jm" -> "flink.jm",
      "metrics.scope.tm" -> "flink.tm",
      "metrics.scope.tm.job" -> "flink.tm.job",
      "metrics.scope.task" -> "flink.task",

Am I missing something that is necessary for datadog to report my
customized metrics?

Thanks,
Fanbin

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/monitoring/metrics.html#histogram

Re: user defined metrics showed in Flink UI but not datadog

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.

There is no workaround in the current Flink releases, but you could
compile the reporter based on the PR that I opened.

Posted by Fanbin Bu <fa...@coinbase.com>.

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.