Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu> on 2008/04/10 21:10:17 UTC

Independent Committers (Re: Graduate Tuscany as a top level project)

FYI, thought this was interesting over on general@i.a.o, they're
talking about diversity of committers for Tuscany:

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org> wrote:

> On 4/10/08, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  >
>  > On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 4:31 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net
>  > >
>  > wrote:
>  >
>  >
>  > > Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>  > >
>  > > >
>  > > > i've been a passive subscriber to the tuscany list for quite a while
>  > > > now and to me, from the lists, it feels like an open community
>  > > >
>  > >
>  > > It's been a while since we discussed this.
>  > >
>  > > I'm very curious where Tuscany stands - in terms of viably graduating
>  > > at this point.  The one apparent issue is diversity - but I don't think
>  > > we want to continue using that as a cudgel - in fact I think we are
>  > > going to get very 'full' here at the Incubator if we have unrealistic
>  > > expectations.
>  > >
>  > >
>  > > Can someone fill me in on how many non-IBM PPMC members now participate?
>  > >
>  > > Bill
>  > >
>  >
>  >
>  > The complete PPMC list is being maintained on the graduation proposal wiki
>  > page -
>  >
>  > http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/Draft+TLP+Resolution
>  >
>  > So thats 15 members, currently 3 non-IBMers. However there have been
>  > regularly new committers added so I expect there may be other non-IBMer
>  > committers we will add to that PPMC list before our next graduation
>  > attempt
>  > (which i expect wont be so long away, we are actively thinking about
>  > it...).
>

>  You should also mention people who happen to work for IBM but are not
>  working on Tuscany as part of their daily job.
>
>  Cheers,
>  Matthieu

I thought it was interesting because of that last bit from Matthieu,
and that for UIMA, I myself am now in that category... not actively
working on UIMA but still contributing bits here and there.

  -Adam