Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Laurent GRANIE <la...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/18 17:53:44 UTC

archetypes

Hi,

I want to generate the structure of a plexus component. There is an
archetype : E. Venisse deploy it on
http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org.

How do I configure my maven2 settings to search on central and on this
particular repository?

Does archetype work with profiles settings? Why not?

Laurent.

Re: archetypes

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 7/18/06, Laurent GRANIE <la...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to generate the structure of a plexus component. There is an
> archetype : E. Venisse deploy it on
> http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org.

You can use -DremoteRepositories on the command line to tell it where to look.

 * http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-archetype-plugin/create-mojo.html

--
Wendy

Re: archetypes

Posted by Laurent GRANIE <la...@gmail.com>.
> In anycase, there should be no difference between setting the repository in
> settings.xml and setting them manually by -DremoteRepositories. If you have
> your settings.xml set correctly and it does not work, then please file a
> JIRA defect.

There is already a defect : http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/ARCHETYPE-1
Now I know where to search when it does not work.

Re: archetypes

Posted by Eric Redmond <er...@gmail.com>.
True, sorry, I thought the links had been updated. The repo is here:
http://repository.codehaus.org/org/codehaus/mojo/

In anycase, there should be no difference between setting the repository in
settings.xml and setting them manually by -DremoteRepositories. If you have
your settings.xml set correctly and it does not work, then please file a
JIRA defect.

Thanks;
Eric

On 7/19/06, Laurent GRANIE <la...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Or, you can set up your workspace according to this:
> >
> > http://mojo.codehaus.org/using-sandbox-plugins.html
>
> The repository proposed on that page is an old repository no more
> maintained.
>
> Moreover, it seems to me that archetype plugin does not use
> repositories declarations in pom.xml or settings.xml. The solution
> gived by Wendy is the good one.
>
> Laurent.

Eric
http://codehaus.org/~eredmond

Re: archetypes

Posted by Laurent GRANIE <la...@gmail.com>.

Re: archetypes

Posted by Eric Redmond <er...@gmail.com>.
Or, you can set up your workspace according to this:

http://mojo.codehaus.org/using-sandbox-plugins.html

On 7/18/06, Laurent GRANIE <la...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to generate the structure of a plexus component. There is an
> archetype : E. Venisse deploy it on
> http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org.
>
> How do I configure my maven2 settings to search on central and on this
> particular repository?
>
> Does archetype work with profiles settings? Why not?
>
> Laurent.

Eric
http://codehaus.org/~eredmond