Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Phil Sorber <so...@apache.org> on 2017/01/03 18:58:00 UTC

CC-SA 4.0

The Traffic Control (Incubating) PPMC was directed here [1] to ask about
Creative Commons Share Alike 4.0 [2] which has not been previously
approved. Basically, is this license compatible with ASL2 and able to be
included in an Apache release?

Thanks.

[1]:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/eaf09b5e136a2a8f0cc01e54b08bb7f6de48cd838b75f3df5d350044@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E
[2]:
https://creativecommons.org/share-your-work/licensing-considerations/version4/

Re: CC-SA 4.0

Posted by Phil Sorber <so...@apache.org>.
It's CC-SA 4.0 and it sounds like the system will not currently operate without it. If it's not bundled tests will fail and when you start up the application that uses it, it will go an download it. The plan is to change that and make it optional and non-bundled, but it's not a simple change and the podling is trying to make a release.

Thanks.

Re: CC-SA 4.0

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org>.
Which CC license?