Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Vasista <rb...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/24 10:00:12 UTC

problem on populating data

Hi,
I have a big Trouble on Data Populating to the components on page loading
like,
Have page1 and page2 jspx.Based on ID passed from page1,query should execute
and results should set to the form on page2 through Backing Bean.
What doing is..
using setActionListener passing ID from page1 and setting to method in page2
as argument which gets results based on ID and sets to component properties,
here the problem is..
Before page2 loads method called first from setActionListener where we
cannot set the values to properties before loading.
How can we set values to components in backing bean only on load based on ID
from other page.

And one more issue is, if we make any code in setter property it get
executes every time,
what is the correct procedure to execute the method only on loading.

Does there any procedure to make method to excecute only on load.

Please suggest me, how can i overcome this issues,these were become major
issue for the Development.

Thanks in Advance,