Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alex McLintock <al...@OWAL.co.uk> on 2002/07/01 09:26:29 UTC

OT: You're a brick

At 07:52 01/07/02, you wrote:

>Anthony Aldridge wrote:
> >
> > Hurrah! You're a brick!
> >

>Sorry, but my english is not good enough to figure out
>what you exactly mean by this. Can you enlighten me?
>PS: I hope it's a compliment!

I assume it is an English idiom because I see nothing unusual about it.

To me it means you are really great because you are reliable, helpful,
and solid.

What you need to think of here is a house made of brick. The brick is
tough, and supports the house....

Sorry for continuing this off topic thread....

There is a similar sounding word which is a lot ruder, but it doesn't have
a b in it.

Alex

Openweb Analysts Ltd, London.
Software For Complex Websites http://www.OWAL.co.uk/
Open Source Software Companies please register here
http://www.OWAL.co.uk/oss_support/

RE: You're a brick

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Thanks for this explanation!