Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Marchese Stefano <st...@sinedita.it> on 2004/01/29 09:24:01 UTC

xerces-c-src2_4_0, CW 8.3 and Windows2000

... i tried to compile the DLL target using CondeWarrior 8.3 and Windows2000 and I got a compilation error on the
.\xerces-c-src2_4_0\src\xercesc\validators\schema\identity\XercesXPath.cpp file.

Error: illegal operands 'xerces_2_4::XSerializeEngine' >> 'unsigned shoort'
XercesXPath.cpp line 293  serEng>>fAxisType;

Any help?

TIA

-- Stefano

Re: xerces-c-src2_4_0, CW 8.3 and Windows2000

Posted by Andrew Wilson <an...@btopenworld.com>.
Stefano,

You have just confirmed what I reported as a bug last weekend, although I
have not seen it listed in the bug reports yet. I tried this on 2 different
computers (both WIN98) with the same result.

I have just started to look at Xerces and it looks very promising, but I
note your other post about a problem. As well as CodeWarrior, I also have a
Mac, and could not compile the 2_4_0 release under Project Builder on that,
nor could I compile the release on Borland C++ v6 on 2 different systems. I
have waited for my first bug report to be commented on, or other feedback,
before reporting anything else such as the above - it seems highly unlikely
that all of the sources would have their own different errors.

I am looking forward to responses to both of our posts.

  D ^ D            Andrew E Wilson
  < A >     AV technology consultant (UK)
  D v D     Tel +44 7710 727636, or +44 1753 885549