Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by ben crook <be...@yahoo.com> on 2012/11/03 13:30:03 UTC

setting ftp user home dir on windows

i am using the apache ftp server on windows for my app dev. in the user.properties file , i am having difficulty setting the user home dir

I need to be able to modify this home dir variable in the user.properties file within my windows app. I currently take a user defined path in my app such as "C:\users\john\desktop" and that would be the root for the apache user home dir. I tried setting the user.properties file to

ftpserver.user.admin.homedirectory=C:\users\john\desktop

and

ftpserver.user.admin.homedirectory="C:\users\john\desktop"

but neither would work.

i see the example uses "./res/home"  , it would be verify difficult for me to know the exact path and have to traverse where the apache is installed and then traverse allt he way back to ./././././users/john/desktop

i am hoping there is an easy way to set an absolute path for windows? if not could you add such a feature to the user.properties file for windows?

Re: setting ftp user home dir on windows

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 1:30 PM, ben crook <be...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> i am using the apache ftp server on windows for my app dev. in the user.properties file , i am having difficulty setting the user home dir
>
> I need to be able to modify this home dir variable in the user.properties file within my windows app. I currently take a user defined path in my app such as "C:\users\john\desktop" and that would be the root for the apache user home dir. I tried setting the user.properties file to
>
> ftpserver.user.admin.homedirectory=C:\users\john\desktop
>
> and
>
> ftpserver.user.admin.homedirectory="C:\users\john\desktop"
>
> but neither would work.

\ is used for character escaping in Java properties files, so you'll
need something like
ftpserver.user.admin.homedirectory=C:\\users\\john\\desktop

/niklas